Data Management, Integration, and Aggregation
Timely access to data is imperative to improving the quality and efficiency of university decision-making, however the value of our data assets cannot be fully realized if it is stored in separate incompatible databases.
- Provide tools and platforms that support the efficient movement, merging and sharing of data.
- Develop and maintain integrated data in the Data Lake.
- Improve data management by promoting usage of enterprise-level databases, data consistency, and standardization throughout the university.
- Improve data quality by partnering with data owners/trustees to monitor data and data sources for integrity.
- Provide guidance for an integrated data management model at the enterprise level.
Data Governance and Organizational Metadata
To better facilitate campus-wide data-driven decision-making, proper management and stewardship of university data assets are required which include cataloging locations, lineages, and definitions of data across multiple systems in a maintained central repository.
- Facilitate and oversee the Data Governance program to ensure the quality and integrity of its data assets.
- Maximize the value received from data assets by maintaining a catalog of university data assets and data dictionaries.
- Promote and model ethical use of data, compliance, and data literacy through consulting.
* The Office of Data Management, Analytics, and Visualization works in close collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research and the Data Governance Committee on establishing and implementing the Data Governance Program at CWRU.
Data Analytics and Visualization
By partnering with business units at the university we help discover the full value of their data by providing advanced analytics and self-service tools for continuous improvement.
- Develop, deploy, and support institutional analytics initiatives.
- Provide data and applications that support self-service operational, compliance, and analytic reporting.
- Provide data analysis services, such as descriptive reporting, forecasting, cluster analysis, and through other advanced analytics methods.
- Produce, maintain, and coordinate centrally available dashboards, analyses, and reports.
- Manage security and access to data in reporting environments.
* The Office of Data Management, Analytics, and Visualization works in close collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research to serve the analytic and decision support needs of the university.