The information contained in the below report was compiled and completed in-compliance with the 2008 Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA). The Higher Education Opportunity Act was created by the Department of Education to address several issues on college campuses, including fire safety in on-campus housing. This report does not include Case Western Reserve University’s Annual Security Report. To view the Annual Security Report you may go to: Security Statistics.
The HEOA requires Universities to maintain a fire log listing all fires that have occurred in their on-campus housing. Case Western Reserve University’s fire log is available online. The HEOA also requires the publishing of an annual fire safety report that provides information on the following items: statistics for fires that occurred in on-campus housing facilities; a description of the fire safety systems found in the residence hall facilities; number of regular supervised fire drills; policies or rules on portable electrical appliances, smoking, and open flames in student housing facilities; procedures for student housing evacuation in the case of a fire; policies on fire safety education and training programs provided to students and employees; a list of the titles of each person or organization to which students and employees should report that a fire has occurred; and plans for future improvements in fire safety. The Environmental Health and Safety Department creates and maintains the fire log and the annual fire safety report.
- 2021 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2019 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2018 Annual Fire Safety Report
- 2017 Annual Fire Safety Report
- 2016 Annual Fire Safety Report
- 2015 Annual Fire Safety Report
- 2014 Annual Fire Safety Report
- 2013 Annual Fire Safety Report
- 2012 Annual Fire Safety Report
- 2011 Annual Fire Safety Report