Welcome New Students! The online orientation modules are open now.
Welcome to Campus Event: Tuesday, August 17 (optional) in-person welcome events. Check the Orientation Events Schedule module in the Canvas online orientation for details and registration information.
Graduate Studies New Student Orientation for Summer and Fall 2021 is being held online in Canvas, the learning management system used at Case Western Reserve University.
Grad Orientation is divided into asynchronous modules, which you can access anytime from anywhere with an internet connection. You may start and stop the modules at any point and continue where you stopped at any time. The modules include videos, slides, written content, and links designed to help prepare you as a graduate student at CWRU.
The Graduate Studies Orientation Modules are open now. You should have received an email with enrollment details. If you were just admitted or just accepted admission, you will receive an email soon.
Graduate Studies is hosting an in-person Welcome to Campus event on Tuesday, August 17, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. where you can pick up your student ID card, get questions answered, attend some optional sessions, participate in a scavenger hunt, and get some fun giveaways. Other online events and training will be held in mid-August. Check the Orientation Events Schedule module in the Canvas online orientation for details and registration information.
Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Training
Technology Resources for Accessing Orientation Materials
- The Single Sign-On (SSO) service allows you to enter your CWRU network ID and passphrase to access multiple resources within the Case Western Reserve University. (Your assigned network ID is your initials and several numbers, for example: abc123)
- Student Resources for Canvas
- CampusGroups is CWRU’s community engagement platform. Make sure you are set-up to receive email notifications from CampusGroups so you don’t miss important information. Learn more here.
- Zoom Video Conferencing: online video conferencing available at CWRU. Experience cloud video conferencing, online meetings, group messaging and a virtual conference room solution in one. It works on an easy-to-use platform across Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms and H.323/SIP room systems.
- Off-Campus Virtual Private Network (VPN): use the VPN when connected to a public network, such as a coffeehouse’s Wi-Fi, to secure and encrypt your communications. VPN is required when accessing certain university resources, such as library resources and databases from off-campus locations. Download the software.
**If you are having trouble connecting to university resources online, we recommend that you use VPN. This may be especially important for students currently living in other countries.**
- [U]Tech (University Technology): browse for do-it-yourself training resources at help.case.edu. Click "Live Chat" to instant message with a [U]Tech technician. View self-help videos. And more.
- [U]Tech Service Desk: call 216.368.HELP (4357) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate technical assistance any time - day or night. More info: https://case.edu/utech/new-cwru.
We look forward to the start of the semester and seeing you on-campus or online!
Please reach out to us if you have questions.
Spring 2021 students can still access the Graduate Orientation Canvas course here.
Summer and Fall 2020 students can still access the Graduate Orientation Canvas course here.