The employment process is about finding the right candidate to fill your vacancy. To help fill that position as quickly as possible, we have created step-by-step guides that cover the processes, responsibilities and recommended practices for hiring staff.
- The first step is to write a new job description or review and update a current job description. Contact your school or department HRA or Compensation Analyst for assistance.
- After receiving the job code, create a job requisition and submit for approvals.
- Once the job is posted, you can go into HCM and reviewing applicants, interview applicants, and update the applicant notes in HCM.
- Contact your Employment Specialist after you have identified a finalist. The Employment Specialist will out to the candidate and start the background and reference check process.
The following tutorials will be useful in identifying and on-boarding the right employee to fill your role:
- Hiring Training: Accessing Applicant Resumes and Application Materials in HCM
- Hiring Training: After Your Job Has Posted
- Hiring Training: After You Have Chosen a Finalist
- Hiring Training: Entering Interview Information in HCM
- Hiring Training: Recruiting a Diverse Applicant Pool
Additional information may be found under the Employment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)