Hiring Process for Foreign Nationals

The Human Resources Department at Case Western Reserve University is committed to providing assistance in the hiring process for foreign national applicants. Consult the following steps to ensure you have all of the resources you need for posting a position, filing visas and more. 

  1. Post position (for staff employment, see Employment Planning and Responsibility Policy)

  2. Receive applications

  3. Conduct first interviews

  4. Conduct second interviews 

  5. If work authorization is required, review VISA Office webpage to select the appropriate category. Pay close attention to the processing times for the various visas. Processing delays at the Department of Labor (DOL) and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can be expected. Timely filing is more likely to result in timely appointments.

  6. Call or email the VISA Office at 216.368.6964 or visa@case.edu to begin appropriate visa filing procedures. 

Email visa@case.edu for more information or to get started.

Ready to Request a Visa?

If you would like to initiate a work visa or green card  process on behalf of an employee, please have an administrator or HRA fill the appropriate electronic request form below.

Visit visas.case.edu to upload your form to begin the process. Call us at 216.368.6964 or email visa@case.edu if you have questions or need additional information.  

Employment Eligibility Verification

The Department of Homeland Security requires all employers to use the newest Form I-9 for all newly hired and re-verified employees. Any questions for completing Form I-9 should be directed to the Department of Human Resources at 216.368.6964 or AskHR@case.edu.