Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
- Nursing Theory
- Social and Environmental Determinants of Health
- Sexual and Gender Diverse Population Health
- Social and Environmental Determinants of Health
- Network Analysis and Machine Learning
- Complexity Science
- Gerontology and Biological Aging
- Behavioral Economics and Decision Science
- mHealth and Technology
- Describing the Interactions between Stigma and Complex overlapping Pain Conditions Among Sexual and Gender Minority Individuals (Mintz, PI; Moore, Co-I) 5/1/2022-4/30/2023
- Supplement to Framework for Advances in Reprogenomics Ethics & Regulation (FAIRER) (Michie and Farrell, MPIs; Moore, Co-I) 4/1/2022 – 3/31/2024
Awards and Honors
American Academy of Nursing
National Institutes of Health, All of Us Research Program
New Investigator Award
Midwest Nursing Research Society Health of Diverse Populations Research Interest Group
Distinguished Dissertation Award
Southern Nursing Research Society Aging/Gerontology Research Interest Group
Patricia G. Archbold Scholar 2014-2016
National Hartford Center for Gerontological Nursing Excellence
Student Scholarship Award
American College of Nurse Practitioners
The Oliver Kent Cecil and Bettye C. Cecil Fellowship in Geriatrics and Genetics, 2012-2016
Promise of Nursing for South Carolina Video Challenge--Finalist
Johnson & Johnson
- Moore, Scott Emory, Christopher Lance Coleman, Tonda L. Hughes, Caroline Dorsen, Sheila K. Smith, Kelly M. Bower, John M. Clochesy, Kristen Clark, and Athena D. F. Sherman. “A Systematic Review of US Nursing Faculty’s Knowledge, Awareness, Inclusion, and Perceived Importance of Sexual and Gender Minority-Related Content in Nursing Curricula.” Nursing Outlook 71, no. 3 (May 1, 2023): 101950. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2023.101950.
- Sherman, Athena D. F., Sheila K. Smith, Scott Emory Moore, Christopher Lance Coleman, Tonda L. Hughes, Caroline Dorsen, Monique S. Balthazar, Meredith Klepper, Ronica Mukerjee, and Kelly M. Bower. “Nursing Pre-Licensure and Graduate Education for LGBTQ Health: A Systematic Review.” Nursing Outlook, January 7, 2023, 101907. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2022.12.003.
- Koroukian, S. M., Zhou, G., Navale, S., Schiltz, N. K., Kim, U., Rose, J, Cooper, G.S., Moore, S.E., Mintz, L. J., Avery, A., Mukherjee, S., &; Markt, S. C. (2022) Excess Cancer Prevalence in Men with HIV: A Nationwide Analysis of Medicaid Data. Cancer. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.34166
- Zhang, A.Y., Koroukian, S., Owusu, C., Moore, S.E., Gairola, R. (2022). Socioeconomic Correlates of Health Outcomes and Mental Health Disparity in a Sample of Cancer Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Journal of Clinical Nursing. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.16266
- Hughes, T.L., Jackman, K., Dorsen, C., Aslanian-Engoren, C., Christenbery, T., Coleman, C. L., Ghazal, L., Mackin, M. L., Moore, S. E., Mukerjee, R., Sherman, A. D. F., Smith, S.; Walker, R. (2022). How can the nursing profession reduce sexual and gender minority related health disparities: Recommendations from the National Nursing LGBTQ Health Summit. Nursing Outlook. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2022.02.005
- Mintz, L.J., Gillani, B. &; Moore, S.E. (2022). Telehealth in Trans and Gender Diverse Communities: the Impact of COVID-19. Current Opinions: Obstetrics &; Gynecology Reports. 11, 75–80 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13669-022-00334-7
- Berg, K. A., Evans, K. E., Powers, G., Moore, S. E., Steigerwald, S., Bender, A. E., Holmes, M. R., Yaffe, A., and Connell, A.M. (2022). “Exposure to Intimate Partner Violence and Children’s Physiological Functioning: A Systematic Review of the Literature.” Journal of Family Violence. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10896-022-00370-0.
- Mintz, L. J. &; Moore, S. E., “Sexual History Taking: An Opportunity to Reduce Health Disparities.” Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care Publish Ahead of Print (August 20, 2021). https://doi.org/10.1097/JNC.0000000000000290.
- Wierenga, K. L., Moore, S. E., Pressler, S. J., Hacker, E. D., &; Perkins, S.M. (2021) Associations between COVID-19 Perceptions, Anxiety, and Depressive Symptoms among Adults Living in the United States. Nursing Outlook 69, no. 5: 755-66. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2021.03.020.
- Phillips, J. C., Hidayat, J., Clark, K. D., Melisek, J., Balthazar, M.S., Beck, A.G.D., Moore, S. E., &; Dawson-Rose, C. (2021). “A Review of the State of HIV Nursing Science With Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity/Expression Peoples.” Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care 32, no. 3: 225–52. https://doi.org/10.1097/JNC.0000000000000250.
- Moore, S. E., Wierenga, K. L., Prince, D. M., Gillani, B. &; Mintz, L. J. (2021). Disproportionate Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Perceived Social Support, Mental Health and Somatic Symptoms in Sexual and Gender Minority Populations. Journal of Homosexuality, 68(4), 577-591. https://doi.org/10.1080/00918369.2020.1868184
- Hardin, H. K., Moore, S. M., Moore, S. E., &; Uli, N. K. (2020). Associations between trust of healthcare provider and body mass index in adolescents. Comprehensive Child and Adolescent Nursing. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1080/24694193.2020.1783028
- Moore, S. E., Voss, J. G., &; Webel, A. R. (2020). Sex-based differences in plasma cytokine concentrations and sleep disturbance relationships among people living with HIV. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, 31(2), 249-254. https://doi.org/10.1097/JNC.0000000000000125
- Moore, S. E., Voss, J. G., &; St. Pierre Schneider, B. (2019). 17β-estradiol alters mRNA co-expression after murine muscle injury and mild hypobaria. Experimental Biology and Medicine. 244(16), 1454-1462. https://doi.org/10.1177/1535370219877360
- Irani, E., Moore, S. E., Hickman, R. L., Dolansky, M. A., Josephson, R. A., &; Hughes, J. W. (2019). The Contribution of Living Arrangements, Social Support, and Self-efficacy to Self-management Behaviors Among Individuals With Heart Failure: A Path Analysis. The Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 34(4), 319–326. https://doi.org/10.1097/JCN.0000000000000581
- Moore, S.E., Hepburn, K., Ulbrich, H.H., Holaday, B., Mayo, R., Sharp., J., &; Pruitt, R. (2018). Behavioral economics: A new lens for understanding genomic decision making. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 50(3), 241-248. https://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12379
- Moore, S.E. (2018). Human Immunodeficiency Virus. In J. Fitzpatrick, C. Alfes, & R. Hickman (Eds.), A guide to mastery in clinical nursing (pp. 337-9). New York, NY: Springer.
- Holaday, B., &; Moore, S.E. (2016). Newborn screening in the genomic era. The South Carolina Nurse. 23(2). 12-13.
- Moore, S.E., Holaday, B., Meehan, N., & Watt, P. (2015) “Exploring mHealth as a New Route to Bridging the Nursing Theory-Practice Gap.” Research and Theory for Nursing Practice. 29(1). 38-52.
Doctor of Philosophy
Master of Science in Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
University of South Carolina, Upstate
Bachelor of Arts