Postdocs are paid on the last business day of the month. For information and questions on payroll, please visit the Controller's Office or view the Payroll Calendar to determine each pay date.
** NEW INTERNATIONAL POSTDOCS: There could be delays with receiving your SSN which will delay your first paycheck (you cannot receive a paycheck form CWRU until your SSN has been issued). Please take this into account and try to have 1-2 months pay saved up as a buffer.
Setting Up Direct Deposit in HCM
Follow the instructions to set up Direct Deposit in HCM.
Find information about taxation and filing taxes for postdoctoral researchers.
CWRU uses the current year National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Research Service Award (NRSA) scale as the minimum salary/stipend guidelines for all Postdoc Scholar and Postdoc Fellow positions. These guidelines apply regardless of funding source.
See the 2023 Stipend Levels which will take effective for all new postdocs starting after July 1, 2023.
CWRU postdocs have access to setting up their own retirement plans with TIAA-Cref or Vanguard (with no fees) and can meet with representatives on campus.
* CWRU Postdocs are only able to set up an IRA (Individual Retirement Account), not a 403b account.
More information and a schedule of when the TIAA-Cref and Vanguard reps are on campus is published on the Human Resources website.
Cell Phone Discounts
AT&T and Verizon offer discounts for CWRU employees; simply contact the company and inform them you work at Case Western Reserve University. They may require you use your @case.edu email address to sign up.
Rental Car Discounts
Enterprise and National Car Rental offer discounts for business or personal travel.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the access code or for questions.
See available airport parking discounts for Cleveland Hopkins Airport.
Cleveland Cavaliers Tickets
Available through CWRU Access Services, use the access code: CWRU
Once you select the game of your choice at the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, please click the "Use Access Code" button to enter your code listed above to proceed with your purchase and receive your special offer pricing.
Movie Ticket Discounts
Discounted movie voucher tickets are available through CWRU Access Services to purchase in-person during business hours.
Available through CWRU Access Services, use promo code: CWRU
The Playhouse Square Corporate Exclusive Online ticketing Discount System was designed to give you and your co-workers the exclusive convenience of purchasing show tickets online and at a special discount. Just click on the link above and enter CWRU in the "Have a Promo Code?" box.
Postgraduate Audit Program
The Postgraduate Audit Program is available to individuals who hold MD, ND, DDS, or PhD degrees and are in training positions in CWRU research or clinical programs.
- Auditors pay only 10% of regular graduate tuition, plus the cost of books and materials. Please go to the Student Financial Services website for current graduate tuition rates and invoicing details.
- There will be no refunds should the auditor decide to withdraw from the course.
- Auditors may not be enrolled simultaneously in a degree program at CWRU.
- Auditors may only take two courses per semester and only with their faculty mentor's consent.
- Auditors may not enroll as a degree or non-degree student during the same semester while enrolled as a postgraduate audit student.
- Auditors will not receive a grade or course credit, but the audited course will appear on a CWRU non-degree transcript.
- Auditors may not, at any subsequent time, apply for credit in any class audited through this program, nor may the class be applied towards a degree.
- All registered students are automatically billed for the CWRU Student Medical Plan (in the fall and spring terms) unless a waiver is submitted to the University Health Service by the deadline posted for each semester. You may complete the waiver online when registering in the Student Information System. Please visit the Student and Dependent Medical Plans page for additional details.
Postgrad auditors must complete the Non-degree Postgraduate Audit Application. Email your completed application to email@example.com.
Once your application is processed, you will receive instructions for course registration via email.
- Email a request to the postgrad audit advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) to release the advising hold on your registration, this will allow you to register.
- Once the hold has been released, log into the Student Information System (SIS) to register. Go to Enrolling in Classes for detailed instructions.
- Please review the Overrides and Permissions Information.
- Prerequisites: It is the student's responsibility to meet any prerequisites for courses.
- From the Student Center, you can view your academic info, as well as view the Searchable Schedule of Classes to access semester schedules. View the Searchable Schedule.
Registration deadlines will follow the University Academic Calendar.