Forbes Magazine ranks Cleveland among the nation’s 20 Most Affordable Cities making the overall cost of living while being a graduate student achievable. Earn a graduate degree from Case Western Reserve University which is ranked #10 among the Hidden Ivy Leagues.
Investing in your Education and Career
Your passion to change the world is boundless. Let us help you get there!
The Mandel School is ranked #1 in Ohio and #9 in the nation. In addition, CWRU is ranked #10 among the Best Hidden Ivy Leagues. Our world-class faculty and premier research centers working alongside community partners are advancing a more just and inclusive world.
A dedicated financial aid advisor is on staff to answer your scholarship questions, provide one-on-one guidance, and match you with the best financial aid opportunities available. These include Mandel School scholarship, fellowships, federal loan programs, veteran’s benefits and external scholarships. Students consistently cite our financial aid support as most helpful. Below is a list of financial aid opportunities that are available to all students across our three program formats:
- Veterans and Military Dependents: The Mandel School is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program to help defray tuition costs. Find out how to apply.
- Service Corps Partnership Scholarships: In recognition of your service, the Mandel School has partnered with select service corps programs to offer special scholarship opportunities (approximately $27,000 to $48,000).
- North Star Scholarships. Students from select historically black colleges and universities (HBCU) may earn a 50% tuition scholarship, supported by the Office of the Provost.
- Federal Student Aid: Federal student aid programs allow you to access low interest loans to cover your educational related expenses, including tuition, fees, books and living expenses.
- Employer Reimbursement: Some employers reimburse for graduate education. Every organization and agency has specific guidelines on the terms and conditions regarding their internal Employer Reimbursement process. Please review the terms and conditions with your Human Resource representative at your place of employment. We will be glad to provide any documentation that your HR department needs to process the benefits in a timely manner.
- External Scholarships: We encourage you to seek out external scholarships and additional support through organizations you, partners, family and friends are affiliated with. Many students successfully secure additional support through other external support.
- Council on Social Work Education Minority Fellowship Program (MFP): the MFP is funded through the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and designed to enhance the training of full-time master’s level direct practice focused social work students in their final year of study in a CSWE-accredited program (approximately $10,000).
- Payment Plan Options: The university offers three types of payment plans to assist students and families. CWRU offers a 3 month or 4 month payment plan to distribute and pay tuition before the start of a semester. We also offer a 2 month plan that distributes the tuition balance over two months after the start of the semester. Students and their financial authorized users can enroll and manage their payment plan through the Student Information Session (SIS) on the CWRUpay tile.