Your passion to change the world is without limits. Let us help you reach your goals.
The Mandel School is committed to reducing barriers and strives to provide access to our nationally ranked graduate programs in social work and nonprofit management. Last year, the Mandel School provided more than $4 million in scholarships to talented Change Agents to make their mark on the field.
A dedicated financial aid adviser is on staff to answer your scholarship questions, provide one-on-one guidance, and match you with the best financial aid opportunities available, including federal loan programs, veteran’s benefits and external scholarships. Financial aid support is consistently cited among the school’s services our students find most helpful.
Additionally, all students are eligible to be considered for the following:
- Veterans and Military Dependents: The Mandel School is a proud participant in The Yellow Ribbon Program to help defray tuition costs. Find out how to apply.
- Employer Reimbursement: Some employers reimburse for graduate education. Every organization and agency has specific guidelines on the terms and conditions regarding their internal Employer Reimbursement process. Please review the terms and conditions with your Human Resource representative at your place of employment. We will be glad to provide any documentation that your HR department needs to process the benefits in a timely manner.
- External Scholarships: We encourage you to seek out external scholarships and additional support through organizations you, partners, family and friends are affiliated with. Many students successfully secure additional support through their leadership.
- Every full-time, on-campus master’s student is automatically considered for scholarship support.
- Last year, all on-campus students were granted a scholarship. Seven earned renewable, full-tuition awards.
- Forbes ranks Cleveland among the nation’s 20 Most Affordable Cities making the overall cost of being a graduate student well within reach.
Exclusive Field Award: The Mandel School is the only social work school in the United States that provides all on-campus, full-time masters-level social work students with a $1,000 award each semester for their required work in the field to help defray expenses they may incur, such as professional clothing or a transit pass. This special award is paid for by the school, not the field agency or field site.
Leadership Fellows: Full-Tuition Scholarships: Seven on-campus, full-time masters-level social work students per academic year are awarded as Leadership Fellows, selected from a faculty-driven review process with campus-based interviews. Get the details.
Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program: Half-tuition scholarships are available to on-campus masters-level students who are Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCV) who satisfactorily completed their service. Most RPCV have lifetime eligibility. Learn more.
Segal AmeriCorps Education Award Match: AmeriCorps alumni will receive either an educational award match or Mandel School Scholarship (whichever is the greater benefit). Find out more.
City Year Alumni University Partner: Up to $15,000 per year is awarded to on-campus masters-level students who are current members and alumni. Learn more.
City Year Alumni University Partner: Up to $15,000 per year is awarded to on-campus masters-level students who are current members and alumni. Find out how.
Intensive Weekend Scholarship: 25% off tuition
All admitted intensive weekend students are awarded a scholarship equivalent to 25 percent off tuition to pursue the Master in Social Work degree in the Intensive Weekend format. This award is in recognition of your potential to become an outstanding professional social worker and we look forward to having you join us at the Mandel School.
Centennial Scholarship: 17% off tuition
The CWRU Online Scholarship Program was developed for exceptional students who want to make a positive influence on their community and others. Scholarships are available for applicants with plans to enroll in 7.5 hours per semester for 3 semesters or as a full-time online student. All eligible applicants will be considered based on undergraduate educational performance with a grade point average of at least 3.0.
Dean’s Scholarship: 13% off tuition (added on to the Centennial)
The Dean’s Scholarship is a is available to a select number of highly qualified applicants based on scholastic merit, work history, letters of recommendation and other factors. All applicants whose application package is complete by the application deadline receive automatic consideration.
2019 - 2020
|Full-time (13 to 16 credit hours)||$22,750 per semester|
|Part-time (1 to 12 credit hours)||$1,517 per credit hour|
|On-campus graduate student fee||$55 per semester|
|Online graduate student fee||$20 per credit hour|
- Health Insurance: $1,165 per semester
- One to One Fitness Membership: $132.84 fall semester; $159.84 spring and summer semesters
Social Work Traditional Track: 60 credit hours
Social Work Full Advanced Standing Track: 36 credit hours
Master of Nonprofit Organizations: 39 credit hours
The Mandel School has a dedicated financial aid adviser on staff to answer your scholarship questions, provide one-on-one guidance, and match you with the best financial aid opportunities available. Contact Matthew Colver.