Your passion to change the world is without limits. Let us help you reach your goals.
The Mandel School is committed to reducing barriers and strives to provide access to our nationally ranked graduate programs in social work and nonprofit management. Last year, the Mandel School provided more than $4 million in scholarships to talented Change Agents to make their mark on the field.
A dedicated financial aid advisor is on staff to answer your scholarship questions, provide one-on-one guidance, and match you with the best financial aid opportunities available, including federal loan programs, veteran’s benefits and external scholarships. Financial aid support is consistently cited among the school’s services our students find most helpful.
Additionally, all students are eligible to be considered for the following:
- Veterans and Military Dependents: The Mandel School is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program to help defray tuition costs. Find out how to apply.
- Employer Reimbursement: Some employers reimburse for graduate education. Every organization and agency has specific guidelines on the terms and conditions regarding their internal Employer Reimbursement process. Please review the terms and conditions with your Human Resource representative at your place of employment. We will be glad to provide any documentation that your HR department needs to process the benefits in a timely manner.
- External Scholarships: We encourage you to seek out external scholarships and additional support through organizations you, partners, family and friends are affiliated with. Many students successfully secure additional support through their leadership.
- Every full-time, on-campus master’s student is automatically considered for scholarship support.
- Last year, all on-campus students were granted a scholarship. Seven earned renewable, full-tuition awards.
- Forbes ranks Cleveland among the nation’s 20 Most Affordable Cities making the overall cost of being a graduate student well within reach.
Intensive Weekend Scholarship: 35% off tuition
All admitted intensive weekend students are awarded a scholarship equivalent to 35 percent off tuition to pursue the master in social work degree in the Intensive Weekend format. This award is in recognition of your potential to become an outstanding professional social worker and we look forward to having you join us at the Mandel School.
Mandel School Online Scholarship
The CWRU Online Scholarship Program was developed for exceptional students who want to make a positive influence on their community and others. All eligible applicants will be considered based on undergraduate educational performance with a grade point average of at least 3.0. The amount of the scholarship will be communicated at the time of admission.
CWRU faculty and staff are working diligently to provide courses for this upcoming semester in modalities that will enable all students to continue to move toward completing their degree and achieving their academic goals. Regardless of the learning environment for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021, the tuition and fees will be the same. The tuition and fees are in exchange for learning, academic credit, and certain non-academic services that will be provided whether in person, in a hybrid environment, or entirely remotely, and tuition and fees amounts will remain the same in the event the mode of course delivery changes during the semester.
Master's Degree Tuition
2021 - 2022
|1 to 11 credit hours||$1,590 per credit hour|
|12 to 18 credit hours||$23,850 per semester|
|19 to 21 credits||Additional $1,590 per credit hour|
|On-campus graduate student fee||$55 per semester|
|Online graduate student fee||$20 per credit hour|
- Health Insurance: $1,367 per semester
- One to One Fitness Membership: $136.08 fall semester; $169.56 spring and summer semesters
Social Work Traditional Track: 60 credit hours
Social Work Full Advanced Standing Track: 39 credit hours
Master of Nonprofit Organizations: 39 credit hours
The Mandel School has a dedicated financial aid adviser on staff to answer your scholarship questions, provide one-on-one guidance, and match you with the best financial aid opportunities available.