Our mission is to promote and preserve the educational, professional and social interests of the students of the Jack, Joseph, and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences. We value leadership as an essential component of effective social work practice and strive to provide opportunities for leadership development on campus and in the community. As a representative and governing body of the students, we seek to ensure progressive relationships with the students, administration, faculty and staff of The Mandel School and Case Western Reserve University.
Starting a Student Group
Interested in starting a student group? Here's how:
- Identify four students who are willing to serve as the leaders of the group.
- Select a faculty advisor (preferably someone with expertise in or passion for the focus of the group).
- Meet with leaders and faculty advisor to create a constitution or bylaws for the group. This should include a purpose/mission, election process for leaders, and functions of the group. Please see Mandel Council constitution as an example.
- Submit constitution to email@example.com.
- Mandel Council will then vote to determine whether a group will be activated.
Requesting Funds from Mandel Council
Is your MSASS Student Group interested in requesting funds from the Mandel Council? Requests for Fall 2019 funding may be made by August 30, 2019. Please see the following forms: