UTech staff must use this process to facilitate a migration of a system to a centralized controlled environment. The process outlined below will be carried out as a collaborative effort involving the faculty member or designee and UTech representative:
- Faculty member or designee completes system survey provided by UTech staff.
- The system is scanned for vulnerabilities to create an information security risk profile.
- UTech staff reviews completed survey and risk profile with the faculty member or designee.
- A system review record is created during the review with the goal of gathering additional information on the needs of the faculty member.
- UTech staff reviews system record and develops a migration plan to ensure needs are met.
- UTech staff reviews the migration plan with faculty member or designee for approval.
- Migration plan is executed as a collaborative effort involving the faculty member or designee and UTech.
- Faculty member or designee tests and signs off that the migration has succeeded.
- UTech staff adds system record into the system inventory for future review and closes migration plan.