ABCs of Financials is a component of the CWRU Administrative Professional Series (CAPS). It provides participants with a basic understanding of the accounting structure, system and concepts used to manage the daily financial transactions and flow of money at the university. In this class, participants will:
- Review basic accounting concepts and how they relate to fiscal responsibilities at CWRU
- Discuss Chartfields and how they function in the CWRU accounting system
- Define the role of the General Ledger
This class is a core class for the Certificate of Achievement in Financial Management.
- Participants must register for classes in order to attend.
- Participants must provide at least 24 hours' notice to the CAPS management team if they are unable to attend. To cancel, email email@example.com.
- If a a participant fails to cancel his or her attendance at least 24 hours' in advance of the class, a $25 no-show fee will be charged to his or her department.
- All CAPS classes will start at the time scheduled. Registrants should five to ten minutes early in order to be prepared for class.
- Registrants who are more than 10 minutes late for a class or who depart 10 minutes early from a class will not receive certification credit for the course. If time accommodations need to be made, registrants should email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours' prior to the scheduled start time.