- Oncology nursing
- Nursing theory
- Research methods
- Cancer survivorship
- Family caregivers of cancer patients
- Symptom distress in cancer patients
R37CA240707-04S1 (Mazanec, PI), Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health grant. Stakeholder Perspectives on Family Caregiver Involvement in Oncology Clinical Trial Decision-Making, 07/01/2022 – 6/30/2023
R37CA240707 (Mazanec, PI), National Institute of Health / National Cancer Institute grant, Building Family Caregiver Skills Using a Simulation-Based Intervention for Care of Patients with Cancer, 07/01/2019 – 06/30/2025
1R01 MD012245-01 (Rosenzweig, PI; Mazanec, Site PI), National Institute of Health / National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities grant, The Symptom Experience, Management, and Outcomes According to Race and Social Determinants of Health (SEMOARS) during Breast Cancer Chemotherapy, 09/27/2017 – 05/31/2022
- IRG-91-022-18 (Mazanec, PI), American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant, A Family-Centered Intervention for the Transition to Living with Multiple Myeloma as a Chronic Illness, 07/01/2013-06/30/2015
- PI, Small Research Grant, Sigma Theta Tau International, 06/01/08-05/31/09
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Subproject: Prevention Research Educational Post-Doctoral Training Program (PREP). Sponsored by NIH/National Cancer Institute. Rose, PI. 08/01/09-09/30/11.
- Doctoral Student & PI, DSCN-08-202-01 American Cancer Society Doctoral Scholarship in Cancer Nursing. 08/01/08-07/31/09
- Predoctoral Fellow, School of Nursing, CWRU, NIH/NINR T32 NR 009761 Multiple Morbidities in Vulnerable Populations: Nurse Scientist Training. Moore, PI. 08/01/06-07/31/08
Nurse Scientist, Seidman Cancer Center, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Wang, T., Mazanec, S. R., Schiltz, N., Chhabra, N., Rezaee, R., & Voss, J. G. (2022). Development of a Pictorial Patient Education Handout on Tracheostomy Care: A Mixed-Method Study. Western Journal of Nursing Research. https://doi.org/10.1177/01939459221109813
- Mazanec, S. R., Beam, P. H., Kloos, J. A., McClung, E. L., Park, S., DeLozier, S. J., & Anthony, M. K. (in press). Stress, anxiety, and growth in nurses during the COVID-19 pandemic. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing.
- Zhao, J., Mazanec, S.R., & Rosenzweig, M. Q. (2022) Anxiety and PTSD symptoms during the COVID-19 pandemic in women with breast cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum, 49(3), 201-205.
- Baer, L. K., Brister, L. & Mazanec, S. R. (2021). Development and implementation of an advanced practitioner-led survivorship clinic for patients status post allogeneic transplant. Journal of the Advanced Practitioner in Oncology, 12(8), 775-783. https://doi.org/10.6004/jadpro.2021.12.8.2
- Mazanec, S. R., Park, S., Connolly, M. C., & Rosenzweig, M. Q. (2021). Factors associated with symptom distress in women with breast cancer prior to initiation of chemotherapy. Applied Nursing Research, 62. Online publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnr.2021.151515
- Wang, T., Mazanec, S. R., & Voss, J. G. (2021). Needs in Informal Caregivers of Patients with Head and Neck Cancer: A Systematic Review. Oncology Nursing Forum, 48(1), 11-29.
- Chukwurah, J. N., Voss, J., Mazanec, S. R., Avery, A., & Webel, A. (2020). Associations Between Influencing Factors, Perceived Symptom Burden, and Perceived Overall Function Among Adults Living With HIV. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, 31(3), 325-336. https://doi.org/10.1097/JNC.0000000000000166. PMID: 32084038; PMCID: PMC7192770.
- Kolke, S. M., Kuhlenschmidt, M., Baurer, E., Anthony, M. K., Gittleman, H., Caimi, P. F. & Mazanec, S. R. (2019). Factors influencing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation patients’ intention to perform physical activity. Oncology Nursing Forum, 46(6), 746-756.
- Alsharif, F. H. & Mazanec, S. R. (2019). The use of complementary and alternative medicine among women with breast cancer in Saudi Arabia. Applied Nursing Research, 48, 75-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apnr.2019.05.019
- Mazanec, S. R. Sandstrom, K., Coletta, D., Dorth, J., Zender, C., Alfes, C., & Daly, B. J. (2019). Building family caregiver skills using a simulation-based intervention: a randomized pilot trial. Oncology Nursing Forum, 46(4), 419-427.