The mission of the Biostatistics & Bioinformatics Shared Resource (SR) is to provide and coordinate statistical, bioinformatics, and clinical informatics research support to Case CCC members in the design, planning, conduct, analysis, and reporting of research studies. Facility members also play a key role in protocol review and study monitoring in the Case CCC.
- Study Design and Protocol Development
- Review of Cancer Center Protocols
- Data and Study Monitoring
- Biostatistical and Bioinformatics Analysis and Reporting
- Database Development and Management
- Participation in Educational and Training Activities in the Case CCC
Submit Your Request
- The Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR is available to help all investigators who are members of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center with their cancer-related projects.
- Whether the Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR will assist with a non-cancer project is at the discretion of the Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR. All work done under the auspices of the Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR on non-cancer projects will be billed to the investigator per the Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR hourly rate.
- Assistance to Cancer Center members in development of grants and proposals, and on Cancer Center pilot studies is without charge.
- It is expected that investigators will support Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR personnel for their time via hourly chargeback, coverage of a fixed percent effort in grants or contracts or negotiation of a fixed fee. Support of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR personnel for longer-term projects will assist investigators with success of their projects.
- When Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR members have contributed to a publication in terms of meeting accepted standards for co-authorship (e.g., Annals of Internal Medicine 1977; 126: 36-47) their inclusion as co-authors is expected. Payment for services provided is not a substitute for co-authorship.
- Acknowledgment of the Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR from the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (NCI grant # P30 CA043703) in scientific manuscripts is required.
- Investigators seeking help should contact the SR well in advance of deadlines in order to be assured that assistance can be provided.
The Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR is obligated to provide support only for cancer-related projects. Services are divided into billable and non-billable activities.
- Nonbillable activities include time spent on pre-award activities such as but not limited to: proposal, grant or protocol development, with expectations that the SR support will be budgeted. In addition, the Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR supports Cancer Center pilot studies and work on studies where funding is provided for the member of the SR either as a flat fee or percent FTE on a grant, or institutional support. Time spent by Biostatistics & Bioinformatics SR members in educational, teaching, and protocol review and other administrative activities is not charged.
- Billable activities include all other services spent on data analysis, programming, scientific manuscript writing and data processing not otherwise funded.
Cancer Center members receive free support for all non-billable activities. Non-members will be charged for all activities. Cancer Center investigators at the Taussig Cancer Institute who receive support only from Taussig Cancer Institute personnel will not be billed because institutional support is provided.
Shared Resource Members
List of Shared Resource Members
Contact for More Information
Wolstein Research Building, CWRU
Health Space Building HS1-570, Cleveland Clinic
|Biostatistical support at CWRU/UH: Curtis Tatsuoka, PhD
|Bioinformatic support at CWRU/UH: Mark Cameron, PhD
|All other: Curtis Tatsuoka, PhD
|Shared Resource manager: John Pounardjian, MBA