How to List IT Resources
The Information Technology (IT) section of your plan asks you to consider the IT resources necessary to carry out your department’s Critical Functions. You might find it valuable to ask these questions throughout your department to uncover the true scope of technology use.
The IT sections can be completed out of order, but each must be completed. You may switch between sections using the left navigation menu. The sections are:
- Central Applications: Identify critical applications maintained by your central IT department (e.g., PeopleSoft Financials).
- Departmental Applications: Identify critical applications maintained by your own department.
- Servers: Identify servers maintained by your department that are necessary for performing your Critical Functions.
- Workstations: Describe backup and support for departmental workstations.
- How to Restart: Identify known and potential strategies for continuing critical IT functions during adverse events.
- Action Items: Identify actions you can take to become better prepared to handle disruption to your IT resources.
After providing information for each section, be sure to click the Save button, if present, at the bottom of the page. For more information on completing these sections, review the Guidance area in the right sidebar of each Information Technology page.