CWRU Success Stories
Read these inspiring journeys to better health.
Deepak's Success Story started with HealthTrails in 2016!
Madelyn's Success Story also started with HealthTrails in 2016!
S.M.A.R.T. Program | Stress Management
Of the 77 participants surveyed in 2015, 98% of participants rated the program as excellent or very good.
- Breathing exercises have been utilized in every area of my life--it's great. Heidi is fantastic!
- Awesome! Great knowledge of the materials. Great listener and enthusiastic about the material.
- Found class to be helpful in dealing with work stress. Enjoyed escaping my office for an hour midday to breath.
- I appreciate being able to take time at work--the place I am usually stressed to stop, breathe and focus on what really
matters. I feel less stressed as a result. Thank You!
- SMART 2.0 was even better than SMART! I still feel as though we could go even more in-depth with many of the
topics and truly hope they keep adding on to the sessions!!
Meditation | Stress management
Average rating from 191 participants in 2015: 95% rated program Very Good or Excellent
- Dawn is very understanding, encouraging and knowledgeable. I appreciate that Dawn shows multiple ways to practice
and encourages us to make meditation our own.
- Really loved class. Excellent teacher. Excellent instructor.
- I would the [rate] program very helpful, especially in terms of dealing with stress.
- I have learned to better navigate work stressors by practicing being here now.
- I've tried meditation before, but this class got me practicing.
- Well paced class and very informative.
Healthy Backs + Bodies
97% of participants rated that program as excellent or very good. 100% of participants rated the instructor as excellent or very good. 100% of participants would recommend the course to others.
- The classes were very informative and my back pain is decreasing by following the class recommendations for posture (CORE) and the importance of doing core exercises daily.
- I was most impressed with being taught to move my body out of any pain that might suddenly appear while working or at home.
- Found reviewing the anatomy of the back and neck were extremely helpful in relation to posture, sleeping, Stretching and proper ways to pick up materials was well explained.
- The knowledge that maintaining good posture can help with the back problem is very helpful. And the quick exercises are helpful as well.
Get Fit Together | Nutrition + Exercise
Average rating from over 300 participants on class satisfaction was 4.5/5
- Loved the topics and information covered. Makes healthy eating and exercise very achievable goals for anyone.
- It reminded me that simple exercises can be performed anywhere, anytime and not just at the gym. It also gave me an opportunity to try new things via the snacks.
- I'm more motivated to work out; will pack more nutritious lunches, and try to eat more sensibly overall. Exercise motivation still high.
- In exercise, I learned the value of staying on track, scheduling and workout routine variations to make exercising more effective.
- As a result of this class I joined a gym and have incorporated the changes into my daily routine. Thanks for the positive information and interaction with the entire program.