In life, you face a whole range of everyday challenges and questions. Balancing work, personal, and family needs can sometimes feel overwhelming. CWRU is pleased to offer Impact Solutions (an All One Health company), the university's Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program, which offers around-the-clock support.
Benefits-eligible faculty and staff, as well as their household and family members, can receive free, confidential counseling and referrals for a wide spectrum of challenges and daily living matters—from stress and family issues to depression, anxiety, substance abuse, legal and financial pressures, child and elder care needs, and other commonly experienced concerns. There are even services like nutrition counseling and mindfulness coaching.
To inquire about services, call 800-227-6007. Your call will be answered by a qualified masters/doctoral level mental health professional 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. There are no limitations to in-the-moment phone support or online resources provided by Impact and its comprehensive member portal. Face-to-face counseling and other coaching services are also available, with up to five free sessions included per problem occurrence.
Impact Solutions Member Portal
Impact Solutions created a Member Portal video (1:39) to introduce their online member portal and highlight available resources, such as articles, webinars, locators, calculators, template forms, discounts, and more.
If you wish to set up a free account, follow these steps:
- Go to www.myimpactsolution.com
- In the top navigation, click “Member Portal". Once the page scrolls down, click "LOG IN TO THE MEMBER PORTAL".
- In the top right of the next page, click “SIGN UP” to create a new account with your company code.
- Enter CWRU’s company code (cwrueap) and click “NEXT”.
- Enter your CWRU email address and click “NEXT”.
- Create a username. Your username is not the same as your email address; however, for ease you may want to use your network ID (abc123) as your username. Then, click “Submit”.
- Check your email for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter the 5-character code from the email in the box. Then, click “Verify Your Code”.
- Create a password. Your password must be at least 8 characters and can be any combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Enter your password again in the “Repeat Password” field and click “Submit”.
- You will be directed to a login page. Login using the username and password you created.
- When you return to the site in the future, you will complete steps 1 and 2 above and then go straight to step 9 (logging in instead of creating a new account).
Impact Solutions 24/7 Wellness Chat with Tess
Impact Solutions offers a mental health chat bot, Tess, for 24/7 on-demand emotional support. Tess provides users with immediate support and helps improve mental health and well-being.
Tess is available when you login to your Impact Solutions member portal as described above. In the right-hand margin of the home page, underneath "My Benefits", there is a box titled “24/7 Wellness Chat with Tess”. In the bottom of this box, there is a small video which explains how Tess works. You can expand the video to full screen.
If you are interested in connecting with Tess, you can type your phone number into the box provided to receive a text message from Tess, or you can select “START A CHAT WITH TESS” to chat online.