Important announcements and information sent from the Department of Music by email via the CWRU Music: Student Message Board (requires CWRU Gmail login).
We want to celebrate your achievements and milestones with you! Tell us about your recent accomplishments so we can share them in our News & Events and through social media.
View our library of quick, step-by-step help tutorials (requires CWRU Gmail login).
Spartan Reservation System
(requires Network ID)
Access Services (Parking + Shuttles)
This page contains resources for current undergraduate music majors.
Handbooks and Advising
- General Bulletin
- Music Handbooks (current and past years)
- Advising Forms for Music Degree Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Enrollment Dates and Deadlines
Ensembles and Lessons
- Applied Music Lesson Registration Appointment
new or incoming students and returning students with questions
- Pre-Registration Form: Secondary Lessons
required before enrolling in SIS
- Recital Class Performance Schedule (2021-22)
- Recital Class Program Information
- Joan Terr Ronis Memorial Recital Application
- Jury Petition Form
- Office of Undergraduate Studies Forms
- University Registrar Forms
Submit your repertoire on this form by April 15, 2022 (not required for Concerto Competition).
- Arrive early and check in with the staff member on site!
- Juries will not exceed 15 minutes in duration.
- The Denison Classroom, Harkness Classroom, and all practice rooms are held during jury days for students to warm up.
- The Department of Music has been given special exemption so that wind/brass/voice students do not have to wear a mask while performing juries.
- There will be a microphone and speaker available for the popular voice juries. We strongly encourage popular voice students to learn how to operate the new sound equipment in Harkness Chapel. Contact Ken Wendt to schedule a tutorial.
- Scores and comments will be submitted by CWRU faculty and studio instructors on a Qualtrics Survey (digital form).
- In addition to the faculty noted on the schedule, all Ronis Recital applicants are video recorded and reviewed by a selection committee.
Ronis Recital and Concerto Competition
Facilities and Operations
- Policies and Operating Procedures
- Room Schedules and Reservations
- Harkness Recording Services Request AV support in Harkness Chapel
- Piano Maintenance Request submit a piano maintenance request
- Music Building Access Request card swipe access to music buildings
- Locker Request music majors, ensemble members
- School-Owned Instrument or Equipment Request instruments for music majors/ensemble members or equipment for special event
- Responsible Use & Security Awareness controlled rooms and storage lockers
It is VERY important that doors and/or windows are not propped open in our buildings. Do not hold the door for others. All faculty, staff, and students are to gain access by card swipe.
- EMERGENCY: CWRU Police 216.368.3333
- NON-EMERGENCY: CWRU Police 216.368.3300
CWRU Police & Security Services also offers a free smartphone application that allows you to report emergencies, set safety checks, and create reports. Please consider adding the Rave Guardian App.
Safe Ride Program: These vehicles operate between 6 p.m. and 3 a.m. and can be requested via a free app (search for “CWRU Safe Ride” on the Apple App store or Google Play); via saferide.case.edu; or by calling 216.368.3000.
- The Core Mac Computer Lab (Haydn Hall, 16)
- University Technology [U]Tech
- CIM Technology Assistance, Email: email@example.com
The Department of Music is committed to promoting student employment opportunities that can provide valuable work/education experience. Mutually, the department benefits and grows with the vast talents, insight, and enthusiasm students bring to these roles.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2021-22 academic year. To apply, complete the CWRU Music: Student Employment Application.
Supervisor: Jennifer Wright
Assist with department operations and undergraduate recruitment, Recital Class attendance/programs, classroom reservation requests, building walkthroughs, calendars, and general office tasks.
Student Ambassador/Special Projects
Supervisor: Jennifer Wright
Assist with special projects, social media, undergraduate recruitment, department/university events, and welcoming prospective students and their families to campus.
Operations & Events Staff
Supervisor: Summer Canter
Assist with facilities operations, Denison Music Hall activities, ensemble rehearsals, concert preparation, and provide services during performances/special events. Specials assignments include percussion representative (typically a percussion major) and staff lead (assistant to supervisor).
Computer Lab Monitor (The Core)
Supervisor: Ken Wendt
Independently monitor the computer lab during weekend/evening hours, sign out equipment to students/faculty/staff, check returned equipment for damage, notify supervisor of faulty equipment, monitor office supplies for printers, clean monitors and keyboards/mice, and organize lab.
A/V Technician often combined with Computer Lab Monitor position
Supervisor: Ken Wendt
Provide recording services for ensemble concerts, student recitals, Recital Class and recording sessions, move equipment during events, demonstrate equipment to users, and complete post-production work. Fundamental recording techniques include: microphone placement and operation of recording equipment, comping, mixing, and mastering. Competency with Pro Tools, YouTube, and Zoom. Training provided.