Important announcements and information sent from the Department of Music by email via the CWRU Music: Message Board (requires CWRU Gmail).
We want to celebrate your achievements and milestones with you! Tell us about your recent accomplishments so we can share them in our News & Events and through social media.
Spartan Reservation System
(requires Network ID)
Access Services (Parking + Shuttles)
This page contains resources for current undergraduate music majors.
Advising and Academic Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Music
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Music Education
- Double Major/Dual Degree/Secondary Major
- General Bulletin
- Music Handbooks (current and past years)
- Advising Forms for Music Degree Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Enrollment Dates and Deadlines
- Contact Us (department representatives)
- Accreditation: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
Ensembles and Lessons
- Ensembles List
- Participation Information Auditions take place the first week of each semester. Instrumental music majors find your assigned audition time on the schedule below.
- Secondary Lessons: Policies and Pre-Registration Form required before enrolling in SIS
- Group Classes for Beginners (guitar/piano/voice)
- Accompanist Request Form
- Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recital Class Program Information
- Recital Class Time Conflict Permission new version
- Joan Terr Ronis Memorial Recital Application
- Jury Petition Form
- Office of Undergraduate Studies Forms
- University Registrar Forms
Fall 2023 Jury Exam Dates:
- Monday, December 11, 2023
Spring 2024 Jury Exam Dates:
- Tuesday, April 30, 2024
- Wednesday, May 1, 2024
Plan ahead for your Jury Exam:
- Schedule: Find your assigned time on the Undergraduate Jury Exam Schedule.
- Accompanist: Make sure to submit your Accompanist Request Form and music in advance!
- Repertoire: Complete this form by November 20 (Fall) or April 15 (Spring).
- Ronis Recital Applicants: Submit the Joan Terr Ronis Memorial Recital Application by April 1 (Spring only).
Important Jury Day Reminders:
- Arrive early and check in with the staff member on site.
- Juries will not exceed 15 minutes in duration.
- The Denison Classroom, Harkness Classroom, and all practice rooms are held during jury days for students to warm up.
- There will be a microphone and speaker available for the popular voice juries. We strongly encourage popular voice students to learn how to operate the sound equipment in Harkness Chapel. Contact Ken Wendt to schedule a tutorial.
- Scores and comments will be submitted by CWRU faculty and studio instructors on a Qualtrics Survey (digital form).
- Ronis Recital applicants (Spring only) are video recorded and reviewed by a selection committee.
Concerto Competition and Ronis Recital
- Visit our News & Events page for Concerto Competition and Ronis Recital announcements.
Facilities and Operations
- Policies and Operating Procedures
- Room Schedules and Reservations
- Harkness Recording Services Request AV support in Harkness Chapel
- Piano Maintenance Request submit a piano maintenance request
- Music Building Access Request card swipe access to music buildings
- Locker Policies music majors, ensemble members
- School-Owned Instrument or Equipment Request instruments for music majors/ensemble members or equipment for special event
- Secure Access to Controlled Rooms & Storage Areas responsible use and security awareness agreement
Technology and Communication
- The Core Mac Computer Lab (Haydn Hall, 16)
- University Technology [U]Tech
- HelpDesk - Get help now!
- CIM Technology Assistance, Email: email@example.com
- CWRU Gmail Network ID required
- Announcements: CWRU Music: Message Board
Music Undergraduate Student Involvement Committee (M.U.S.I.C.)
- President: Emma Bentley
- Vice President: Wesley Miller
- Treasurer: Angela Tsang
- Secretary: Nicholas Taylor
- PR Chair: Sophia Saavedra
- Tech Chair: Lilyanne Dorilas
The Department of Music is committed to promoting student employment opportunities that can provide valuable work/education experience. Mutually, the department benefits and grows with the vast talents, insight, and enthusiasm students bring to these roles.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2023/24 academic year. To learn more and apply, visit the Student Staff page.
The Case Western Reserve University Division of Public Safety is dedicated to providing quality service, safety, and a positive educational experience for the campus community.
Contact CWRU Police
- Emergency: 216.368.3333
- Non-emergency: 216.368.3300
- Tip Line: 216.368.3331
- Non-Emergency Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Ride Program: These vehicles operate between 6:00 PM and 3:00 AM and can be requested via a free app (visit saferide.case.edu; call 216.368.3000, or download "CWRU Spartan Ride" from the iPhone App Store or Google Play).
Walking Escorts: Request a walking or vehicle escort 24/7 (any time day or night) by calling 216.368.3300.
Spartan Safe: (formally Rave Guardian) This safety app offers easy access to critical resources that you need the most. The free app—created through Rave Mobile Safety, which the university already uses to send emergency alerts via platforms such as email and text—provides a number of safety tools designed to keep you safe. Download Spartan Safe from the iPhone App Store or Google Play.