Important announcements and information sent from the Department of Music by email via the CWRU Music: Student Message Board (requires CWRU Gmail login).
We want to celebrate your achievements and milestones with you! Tell us about your recent accomplishments so we can share them in our News & Events and through social media.
Spartan Reservation System
(requires Network ID)
Access Services (Parking + Shuttles)
This page contains resources for current undergraduate music majors.
Handbooks and Advising
- General Bulletin
- Music Handbooks (current and past years)
- Advising Forms for Music Degree Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Enrollment Dates and Deadlines
- Contact Us (department representatives)
- Accreditation: National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
Ensembles and Lessons
- Participation Information
- Ensembles List
- Applied Music Lesson Policies and Pre-Registration Form
required before enrolling in SIS
Visit this page for the Instrumental Audition Schedule for Music Majors (F22). updated August 8, 2022
- Recital Class Program Information
- Joan Terr Ronis Memorial Recital Application
- Jury Petition Form
- Office of Undergraduate Studies Forms
- University Registrar Forms
- Jury Exam Date: Monday, December 12, 2022
- Jury Exam Schedule: published one month before Jury Exam date
- Jury Exam Repertoire: submit your repertoire on this form (not required for Concerto Competition)
- Arrive early and check in with the staff member on site!
- Juries will not exceed 15 minutes in duration.
- The Denison Classroom, Harkness Classroom, and all practice rooms are held during jury days for students to warm up.
- The Department of Music has been given special exemption so that wind/brass/voice students do not have to wear a mask while performing juries.
- There will be a microphone and speaker available for the popular voice juries. We strongly encourage popular voice students to learn how to operate the new sound equipment in Harkness Chapel. Contact Ken Wendt to schedule a tutorial.
- Scores and comments will be submitted by CWRU faculty and studio instructors on a Qualtrics Survey (digital form).
- In addition to the faculty noted on the schedule, all Ronis Recital applicants are video recorded and reviewed by a selection committee.
Concerto Competition and Ronis Recital
- Visit our News & Events page for Concerto Competition and Ronis Recital announcements and performances.
Facilities and Operations
- Policies and Operating Procedures
- Room Schedules and Reservations
- Harkness Recording Services Request AV support in Harkness Chapel
- Piano Maintenance Request submit a piano maintenance request
- Music Building Access Request card swipe access to music buildings
- Locker Policies music majors, ensemble members
- School-Owned Instrument or Equipment Request instruments for music majors/ensemble members or equipment for special event
- Secure Access to Controlled Rooms & Storage Areas responsible use and security awareness agreement
Technology and Communication
- The Core Mac Computer Lab (Haydn Hall, 16)
- University Technology [U]Tech
- HelpDesk - Get help now!
- CIM Technology Assistance, Email: email@example.com
- CWRU Gmail Network ID required
- Google Group: CWRU Music Student Message Board (announcements)
The Department of Music is committed to promoting student employment opportunities that can provide valuable work/education experience. Mutually, the department benefits and grows with the vast talents, insight, and enthusiasm students bring to these roles.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-23 academic year. To learn more and apply, visit the Student Staff page.
The Case Western Reserve University Division of Public Safety is dedicated to providing quality service, safety, and a positive educational experience for the campus community.
Contact CWRU Police
- Emergency: 216.368.3333
- Non-emergency: 216.368.3300
- Tip Line: 216.368.3331
- Non-Emergency Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Ride Program: These vehicles operate between 6:00 PM and 3:00 AM and can be requested via a free app (visit saferide.case.edu; call 216.368.3000, or download "CWRU Spartan Ride" from the iPhone App Store or Google Play).
Walking Escorts: Request a walking or vehicle escort 24/7 (any time day or night) by calling 216.368.3300.
Spartan Safe: (formally Rave Guardian) This safety app offers easy access to critical resources that you need the most. The free app—created through Rave Mobile Safety, which the university already uses to send emergency alerts via platforms such as email and text—provides a number of safety tools designed to keep you safe. Download Spartan Safe from the iPhone App Store or Google Play.