To the School of Dental Medicine Dental Clinic Patients:
Thank you for your patience, support and loyalty during this uncertain time. At our clinics, we strive to provide you with the best possible dental care and service in a safe and modern educational facility.
We understand the disruption caused by COVID-19 has been a hardship for you, as well as for the students and staff who support the clinic. It was not an easy decision to limit the operations to emergency services. However, it was a decision made with your health and safety in mind.
While we are continuing to expand operations, your overall experience will look and feel different due to necessary changes made under the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the state of Ohio and city and county officials.
What to expect as a patient:
- Patients will be seen by appointment only.
- A pre-screening call for COVID-19 precautions will take place a day or two prior to your appointment.
- Upon arrival for your appointment, please call the number provided during the pre-screening call to inform us you are at the clinic.
- Masks must be worn inside the building at all times, unless otherwise directed by your dental professional.
- We will be limiting the number of patients and companions allowed in the building. Unless it is necessary, we appreciate patients entering on their own.
- Temperature checks and on-site screening for COVID-19 will be performed for anyone entering the clinics.
- You will be escorted to the clinic where you have your appointment.
- Once seated in the dental chair, you will be escorted if you need to leave (for an x-ray, cashier, bathroom etc.)
- Procedures will be conducted by providers and staff wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Upon completion of the procedure you will be escorted out of the clinic building.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we expand our clinical operations in a limited manner to ensure everyone’s safety and health.