Funding for GELS Members
Given the current - and unknown future - impacts of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we are currently offering funding focused on research projects that can be completed virtually or service projects in your local community from June through August 2021.
Projects should be completed by August 31st and require a final report (700-1000 words and suitable for sharing and posting on our website) by October 1st.
Most (though not all) past projects have involved students working with an established NGO or institution. However, we expect many of this year's proposals may not need this linkage or may not have it yet established.
Students graduating in May 2021 are not eligible to apply.
- a personal introduction,
- the purpose and/or rationale of the project,
- the project's relation to ethics or ethical leadership:
- how your research or service efforts will help you to join the global conversation and seek or contribute to sustainable strategies for problems plaguing humanity;
- how you see issues concerning ethics and flourishing that intrigue you;
- how you will learn more and maybe even be of some help, without being a distraction, hindrance, or unintentionally interfering with better-informed local efforts; and
- how you will connect to the wider world in a meaningful and respectful way
- estimated start and completion dates,
- use of funds for any project purchases, and
- how you will integrate your experience into GELS and the CWRU campus community.
Multiple, individual grants of $500 each will be awarded. Funds may be retained by the student and/or used toward project investments. Funds are limited, so it is important to design a carefully thought out and well researched project proposal.
We strongly encourage your creativity and welcome projects of all sizes. The deadline for proposals is 11:59pm on May 5th. Winners will be notified no later than May 19th.
Please address any questions to Beth Trecasa, Associate Director for the Inamori Center and GELS Advisor, at email@example.com