Inamori International Center for Ethics and Excellence
We provide opportunities for people to develop as ethical leaders and responsible global citizens
We create space and provide support to advance scholarship and service on topics of Ethics, Values, and Justice.
We cultivate and honor Excellence made possible through Ethical Leadership
We help people live an ethical life and create a more ethical world.
The Inamori International Center for Ethics and Excellence is dedicated to exploring ethical issues from a global perspective, to nurturing international awareness and understanding of our common humanity through the study, teaching and practice of ethics, and to the pursuit of excellence in all human endeavors.
The Inamori Center is charged with creating internationally recognized programs and initiatives devoted to ethical inquiry in both its practical and theoretical aspects, and to facilitating the development of future leaders who will, in the words of Dr. Inamori, "serve humankind through ethical deeds rather than actions based on self-interest and selfish desires."
- The promotion of research, education, teaching and practice related to a broad range of ethical issues from both theoretical and practical perspectives.
- The development of knowledge and ethical perspectives that lead to excellence in business, law, politics, economics, medicine, technology and all other fields of human activity.
- The advancement of local, national and global leaders who can make the ethical choices needed to protect humankind and the environment.
- The facilitation and promotion of, and the partnering with, the university's existing ethics and ethics-related initiatives and programs as well as with institutions in the larger community.
- The pursuit of these goals and objectives from interdisciplinary and global perspectives