Providing mental health support wherever you are—at no cost to you.
Case Western Reserve University now offers CWRU Care, a 24/7 mental telehealth care service that undergraduate, graduate and professional students can access from wherever they are.
Through CWRU Care, students can talk to a licensed provider via smartphone or any web-enabled device. Licensed providers are available to offer mental health support via telephone or secure video visits.
About CWRU Care
CWRU Care provides access to 24/7 mental health support- known as TalkNow- as well as Scheduled Counseling for undergraduate, graduate and professional students enrolled at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Institute of Art, Cleveland Institute of Music and Kent State University's College of Podiatric Medicine.
This service is available through the university's partnership with TimelyMD, a company that provides telehealth services for students on campuses across the country, including universities such as Duke and Johns Hopkins.
Trained counselors and other mental health professionals can discuss a wide range of topics and conditions with students, including:
- Stress and anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Grief and loss
- Trauma and PTSD
- Panic disorders
- Gender issues
- LGBTQ+ support
- BIPOC support
- Various other issues
You can complete an online visit at any time. Please note: CWRU Care Counselors cannot write prescriptions.
Visit cwru.care for more information and to sign up for free student support.
Check out this video on how to register for CWRU Care
To create an account:
- Visit timelycare.com/cwru
- Select 'Sign In' at the top of the page.
- If using a mobile phone/tablet, you must download the TimelyMD app. After downloading the app, select "Sign Up for TimelyMD."
- Set up an account using your case.edu email address (you must use your firstname.lastname@example.org address) and your name as it appears on your student ID.
- NOTE: KSU Podiatry, CIA and CIM students must log-in with their @case.edu email address. If you need assistance activating your CWRU email please contact Utech.
- If prompted, click "Log in"
If you experience difficulties, please call TimelyMD, the company that runs CWRU Care, at 833.484.6359 or email support at email@example.com.
Please remember: You can always get immediate assistance from University Health & Counseling Services' 24/7 on-call counselor at 216.368.5872.
Make an Appointment
CWRU Care offers two kinds of appointments:
- TalkNow visits: 24/7 immediate access to support
- Scheduled Counseling visits: scheduled options to speak to a licensed counselor based on your needs and schedule
To make an appointment, log in at timelycare.com/cwru