The Veale Recreation Center is open for FREE to faculty staff and students. Please just present your ID at check in.
2020 Veale Fitness Center
NOTE: The Veale Center will be closed for all recreation activities from Saturday November 21, 2020 until Monday February 1, 2021.
The Veale Center is located on the Quad by the wind turbine. It is used for athletics, recreation, intramurals and physical education.
The Veale Center houses:
- four multi-purpose courts (which are frequently used for activities such as basketball, tennis, soccer and volleyball)
- a six-lane indoor track (8 laps = 1 mile)
- Veale Natatorium and Donnell Pool
- a multipurpose aerobics room
- a cardio exercise room (with treadmills, elliptical trainers, stair-step machines, rowing machines, a gravitron and stationary bikes)
- a newly renovated weight room (three separate rooms, main, power lift and hammer strength)
- nine racquetball courts, two squash courts and a rock climbing wall (these are closed in the fall of 2020)
Towels and a small variety of equipment are available for free at the Issue Room on the locker room level at Veale.
Learn more on the Veale Center website.
Admission is FREE to CWRU employees with a Valid CWRU ID.
Employee spouses can be issued an annual pass to the centers for just $165. Stop by the Veale Center and visit the Issue Room (lower level where towels and equipment are loaned) to pay the fee in cash or check. Then bring the spousal membership form to Access Services, Crawford Hall, Ground Level, to obtain an ID. Once the spouse is issued a membership, it can be used at both the Veale and Wyant Centers.
One to One Fitness offers classes in Veale for a fee. You do not need to be a One to One member to participate. Check out the Small Group Training page on the One to One website for class times and prices.