National Clean Up Day(s) 2020
In conjunction with National Clean Up Day on September 18, 2020, the Wellness Program teamed up with the SAC Community Service Committee to work with faculty and staff and their families to clean up their neighborhood, favorite park or even their basement!
Clean up IDEAS:
- Trash pickup in your neighborhood, or just somewhere you know could use the love
- Beach cleanup at Edgewater
- River cleanup along the the Cuyahoga
- Clean out your closet for donations:
- Donate old electronics that you no longer use
- Clean out your cupboard to donate canned goods, make sure they haven’t expired
- Clean out your board games for kids
AFTER YOUR CLEAN UP: Here are some suggestions on where you can donate your items.
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank (15500 S. Waterloo Rd., Cleveland, OH 44110)
- Men’s Shelter at 2100 Lakeside (2100 Lakeside Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114)
- Norma Herr Women’s Shelter (2227 Payne Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114)
- Zelma George Family Shelter (2150 E. 18th St., Cleveland, OH 44115)
- Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless – NEOCH (3631 Perkins Ave. #3, Cleveland, OH 44114)
The SAC Back to School Supply Drive received a few donations as a result of this project. Learn more on the SAC Community Service webpage.
Sign Up to Volunteer in the Cleveland Area
Prior Service Projects
A big part of being a well campus includes being a good neighbor. The Wellness Champion network at CWRU supports projects throughout the Cleveland area.
Children's Book Drive (August 2019)
Working in collaboration with the Cleveland Kids' Book Bank, the Wellness Champions led book a drive from August 1-16 for board books, picture books and books for beginning readers.