National Clean Up Day(s) 2020
In conjunction with National Clean Up Day on September 18, 2020, the Wellness Program has teamed up with the SAC Community Service Committee to offer faculty and staff and their families to clean up their neighborhood, favorite park or even their basement!
How can you participate? It is very easy; we have suggestions on what to clean up and/or where to donate.
Who can participate? You, your family, friends, neighbors, etc. (as long as you social distance and wear a mask).
When do I participate? You can clean up anytime from September 18 – 27, 2020.
SIGN UP: Please sign up so that we can share the final Clean Up results with the whole CWRU community.
SHARE: After your Clean Up you will be able to share your photos, videos and experiences.
Clean up IDEAS:
- Trash pickup in your neighborhood, or just somewhere you know could use the love
- Beach cleanup at Edgewater
- River cleanup along the the Cuyahoga
- Clean out your closet for donations:
- Donate old electronics that you no longer use
- Clean out your cupboard to donate canned goods, make sure they haven’t expired
- Clean out your board games for kids
AFTER YOUR CLEAN UP: Here are some suggestions on where you can donate your items.
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank (15500 S. Waterloo Rd., Cleveland, OH 44110)
- Men’s Shelter at 2100 Lakeside (2100 Lakeside Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114)
- Norma Herr Women’s Shelter (2227 Payne Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114)
- Zelma George Family Shelter (2150 E. 18th St., Cleveland, OH 44115)
- Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless – NEOCH (3631 Perkins Ave. #3, Cleveland, OH 44114)
The SAC Back to School Supply Drive is back as a virtual project this fall. Learn more on the SAC Community Service webpage.
Sign Up to Volunteer in the Cleveland Area
Prior Service Projects
A big part of being a well campus includes being a good neighbor. The Wellness Champion network at CWRU supports projects throughout the Cleveland area.
August 2019 Children's Book Drive
Working in collaboration with the Cleveland Kids' Book Bank, the Wellness Champions led book a drive from August 1-16 for board books, picture books and books for beginning readers.
Upcoming Service Projects
Participants in the Healthy Department Toolkit program will be offered projects during the fall of 2019. Learn more about the HDTK.
Have you got a suggestion for a service project? Contact Mary Ann!