At the School of Dental Medicine, we are committed to providing outstanding oral health education and patient care in order to best serve our communities and enhance the dental profession. We welcome diverse perspectives and backgrounds to further strengthen our school and dentistry at large, with a focus on providing maximum patient care and comfort in an inclusive environment.
The work we do is rooted in our core values of collegiality, culture of inquiry, diversity, innovation, integrity and responsible stewardship. Under Dean Kenneth Chance's leadership, who also serves as the first Black president of the profession's highest honor society Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the School of Dental Medicine is committed to cultivating a deeper understanding of our community and addressing bias and inequity in health care.
We seek to accomplish this through key diversity initiatives, including:
- A variety of events and programming, supported by the School of Dental Medicine alumni and industry organizations;
- Student-affiliated groups, such as the Cultural Diversity Roundtable, Student National Dental Association, Hispanic Student Dental Association and Middle Eastern North African Student Dental Association, to name a few;
- Community service programming and events providing oral heath care and education in neighboring areas and schools, focused on supporting underserved communities.
- Chinese Student Dental Association (CSDA)
- Christian Medical Dental Association (CMDA)
- Cultural Diversity Roundtable
- Desi Dental Students (DDS)
- Hispanic Student Dental Association (HSDA)
- Korean American Dental Association Ohio (KADA OH)
- Middle Eastern North African (MENA) Student Dental Association
- Special Needs Dentistry Club
- Student National Dental Association (SNDA)
- Women in Dentistry
- Veterans Day free dental clinic offerings
- Head Start Outreach Program
- Healthy Smiles Sealant Program
- Give Kids a Smile Day
School of Dental Medicine Diversity Liaison
Kristin A. Williams, DDS, MPH
Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
firstname.lastname@example.org | 216.368.2392