Required for Admission Application
- $55.00 application fee
- Completion of online application
- Two letters of recommendation
- In our online application system, applicants will be prompted to submit the name and email of the two recommenders and the dentist recommender (they must complete a separate form). All recommenders will then receive an email with a link to the recommendation area where they will answer several questions and upload their letter of recommendation.
- Official transcripts from high school or highest level of education
- Transcript from dental assisting program (if applicable)
- Letter from employer verifying at least two years assisting experience in general dentistry within the past five years
- Copy of current CDA or RDA certificate, or RDH license (must show expiration date)
- Proof of HepBVac immunization or proof of current titer (within past 12 months)
- If it has been 10 years or longer since vaccination Hep B vaccination, current (within the past 12 months) titer documentation must be submitted.
- Documentation of current (within the past 12 months) TB test results
Please note that an application must be submitted and application fee paid to be considered an official application.
Once a complete application is received, the applicant is eligible to sit for the entrance examination and will receive a letter of confirmation with instructions for the exam. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Entrance examination includes:
- Part 1: Basic dental assisting knowledge (instruments, nomenclature, burs, materials, classification of caries, etc.);
- Part 2: Spatial relations (Perceptual ability).