A New Career in Nursing
The Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing's Master of Nursing Program is specifically designed for students with non-nursing undergraduate degrees.
The Master of Nursing Program is for students who are ready for a career in nursing and to receive a Master of Nursing degree. This graduate nursing degree prepares students for practice as an advanced generalist registered nurse and to lead interprofessional, evidence-based initiatives.
Looking for prerequisites for the MN program? Find them here.
Master of Nursing Program Highlights
All classes, labs and simulations held in our new, state-of-the-future Health Education Campus.
Experience interdisciplinary teamwork and collaboration with medical, dental and physician assistant students.
Complete 1,000 clinical hours in four semesters, starting the first week of class.
Volunteer in the CWRU Student Run Health Clinic providing care to underserved populations.
Get a head start towards Advanced Practice Nursing, with MSN coursework imbedded in the program.
As part of Case Western Reserve University, the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing both a research-intensive environment and a leader in clinical education.
MN students fulfill their clinical hours at prominent health care organizations and world-class hospitals, including University Hospitals, Cleveland Clinic and MetroHealth Medical Center.
Complete a minimum of two (2) pre-requisite courses with a B- (2.75) or higher, prior to application review. Pre-requisites must be taken within 5 years prior to enrollment.
- BA, BS or BFA with acceptable overall undergraduate GPAs (3.0 cumulative; 2.75 natural science; 2.75 behavioral sciences).
- Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan: One course, at least 3 credits
- Human Anatomy and Physiology: With labs, at least 6 credits
- Microbiology: One course, at least 4 credits, with lab
- Statistics: One course in basic statistics, 3 credits
- Chemistry: One course; minimum of 4 credits may be required depending on undergraduate major.
- The GRE is not required for application. However, GRE test scores may be requested for an admission decision.
- International Applicants, contact Jackie Tepale at 216.368.5253 or firstname.lastname@example.org