This program provides a research investment to qualified faculty, research faculty, and research associates (serving as lead PI) for receiving externally-funded projects of at least $10,000 in direct cost with a minimum F&A percentage.
The investment amount is indexed against the project’s actual, recovered F&A and will be calculated as 2.5% of the recovered amount. Please note the following eligibility and program requirements:
- Projects must be housed at Mandel School (assigned to an Mandel School Department ID). Subaccounts assigned to Mandel School by another school are eligible.
- Projects for which the Dean has approved a reduced F&A rate are not eligible.
- Projects for which the School is providing cost-share are not eligible.
- The direct cost budget must equal or exceed $10,000 to be eligible.
- The investment amount is indexed against the actual, recovered F&A and will be calculated as 2.5% of the recovered amount.
- The investment amount is allocated to the lead Mandel School PI.
- The investment amount will be available at the end of the fiscal year during which the F&A was recovered. F&A will not be applied to this amount and it will accrue from year to year. It will be placed in an internal account.
- Projects must recover at least 30% F&A.
Approval Date: August 29, 2016