On-campus Fitness Facilities
Veale Center | Campus Recreation Center
The Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center is the home of CWRU athletics, physical education and intramural programs. The center houses a wide variety of strength training and cardio equipment along with indoor courts, a track and pool.
Admission is FREE to CWRU employees with a Valid CWRU ID.
Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center
Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center is a part of the North Campus Residential Village. Opened in 2014, the Wyant Center is a good alternative for those who work at a location away from the main quad. The DiGeronimo Fitness Center includes strength training and cardio equipment.
Admission is free to CWRU employees with Valid CWRU ID.
Owned and operated by CWRU, One to One Fitness is Cleveland’s premiere fitness center offering professional, personal, friendly and clean services & facilities.
One to One Fitness fills 28,000 square feet and is located next to the wind turbine and across the street from Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital parking garage. Membership includes:
- Hundreds of pieces of well-maintained equipment, including the newest in cardio, machine weights, dedicated free weight room and more
- 80+ group exercise classes per week (yoga, Pilates, cycle, Zumba, muscle conditioning, Insanity, and more!)
- Free Parking in Lot 53 while you use the facility
- Complimentary fitness assessment and FOUR personal training sessions for all new members, and much more!
CWRU employees pay just over $1.50/day (add a significant other for just $25/mo) and memberships are contract-free, can be paid via payroll deduction, and term-free. Guest, temporary and group memberships are also available.
Visit the 1-2-1 website to learn more.
New in 2017, on campus Fitness Assessment! The assessment allows faculty and staff to gage their current fitness level and set goals for improved physical fitness. Pre-registration is required for this individualized assessment.
If you're looking for some "get fit" guidance, the FitIn@Work program, offered through EASE@work, may be just what you need to get motivated!
From lifeless to lively, a fitness coach can provide education and a workable plan that is fit just for you!
EASE@Work uses the services of certified fitness instructors and degreed professionals for fitness coaching. A fitness coach can help you:
- Gauge your level of fitness.
- Assess readiness to begin an exercise program.
- Focus on maintaining a workable fitness program.
- Focus on increasing energy, reducing stress, and preventing chronic disease.
- Set personal, realistic goals and offer tools to track progress.
- Offer insight and referrals to related areas of wellness (i.e., nutritional coaching).
When you call EASE@Work, you will be connected directly to the intake staff, who will notify the fitness coach of your needs. The fitness coach will contact you to schedule an appointment that is convenient with your schedule.
Three, free, one-hour sessions are available through the FitIn@Work program. This benefit is available to the CWRU and his/her spouse.
To speak directly with the intake staff, call 216.241.3273 or 800.521.3273. If you prefer to schedule your appointment online, visit the fitness coaching page on easeatwork.com and enter your Member ID: CWRU and Password: EASE. ID and password are case sensitive; use all caps.