We Just wrapped up our #WalkCWRU Challenge
Open to all students, faculty and staff, participants were encouraged to:
- Aim for 10,000 steps a day trying to hit 250,000 steps in October (or 1,000 exercise minutes)
- Join us for any of the FOUR on campus walking opportunities weekly
- Log exercise steps or minutes on the #WalkCWRU Tracker
- Turn in log for weekly and full program prizes
On-campus Fitness Facilities
Veale Center | Campus Recreation Center
The Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center is the home of CWRU athletics, physical education and intramural programs. The center houses a wide variety of strength training and cardio equipment along with indoor courts, a track and pool.
Learn more about Veale Center
Admission is FREE to CWRU employees with a Valid CWRU ID.
Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center
Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center is a part of the North Campus Residential Village. Opened in 2014, the Wyant Center is a good alternative for those who work at a location away from the main quad. The DiGeronimo Fitness Center includes strength training and cardio equipment.
Learn more about Wyant Athletic and Wellness Center
Admission is free to CWRU employees with Valid CWRU ID.
Owned and operated by CWRU, One to One Fitness is Cleveland’s premiere fitness center offering professional, personal, friendly and clean services & facilities.
One to One Fitness fills 28,000 square feet and is located next to the wind turbine and across the street from Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital parking garage. Membership includes:
- Hundreds of pieces of well-maintained equipment, including the newest in cardio, machine weights, dedicated free weight room and more
- 80+ group exercise classes per week (yoga, Pilates, cycle, Zumba, muscle conditioning, Insanity, and more!)
- Free Parking in Lot 53 while you use the facility
- Complimentary fitness assessment and FOUR personal training sessions for all new members, and much more!
CWRU employees pay just over $1.50/day (add a significant other for just $25/mo) and memberships are contract-free, can be paid via payroll deduction, and term-free. Guest, temporary and group memberships are also available.
Visit the One to One website to learn more.
New in 2017, on campus Fitness Assessment! The assessment allows faculty and staff to gauge their current fitness level and set goals for improved physical fitness. Pre-registration is required for this individualized assessment.