- Program Length: 1-2 Years
- Estimated Tuition:
- MPH: ~$49,360/year
- Residency (full-time): $46,350/year
- Residency (part-time): $23,175/year
- Certificate: One year, full-time
- Certificate: Two years, part-time
- MPH & Certificate: Two years, full-time
General Application Guidelines
- Applicants to the two-year full-time program must have a DDS, DMD, or equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
- Applicants to the one year full-time or two year part-time program must have a DDS, DMD, or equivalent degree and an MPH or equivalent degree; the latter should be from an institution accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. Applicants with an MPH from an international institution will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants should possess a good record of scholastic achievement that would indicate success in the dental public health training program.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a personal interview, when time and/or distance permit. The decision to conduct interviews will be made after application review.
- Only those applications that are complete in PASS and received by the deadline will be reviewed by the program director.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all materials are submitted promptly and that the PASS application is complete.
- OSHA, CDC, ADA, and CWRU School of Dental Medicine recommendations and/or regulations require that all health-care workers be familiar with the infection control policies mandated by the Infection Control Manual. Students must follow policies detailed in the Case Infection Control Manual at all times, whether in the clinics or laboratories. View the policies.
- Apply early!
All Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed PASS application.
- Applicants to the two-year full-time program must also complete a separate application for the MPH program.
- Personal Statement discussing educational goals and career objectives
- Non-refundable application fee of $145.00 payable online. When prompted for a PASS #, please enter your ID from PASS.
- Official undergraduate transcripts, where applicable.
- Official dental school transcripts. Successful applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4-point scale.
- Official graduate school transcripts, if applicable. Successful applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4-point scale.
- A current Curriculum Vitae.
- An official copy of ADAT scores.
- An official copy of NBDE or GRE scores.
- International dental graduates must also submit: (a) TOEFL scores* (b) a letter of financial support and (c) an evaluation of all their transcripts by the Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Service (WES).
- Re-applicants must submit a new application and pay all fees.
*International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores are acceptable in lieu of a TOEFL score. To be considered for dental public health residency program, an applicant must have one of the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: 108
- IELTS Test: 8
The TOEFL identification number for Case Western Reserve University is: 1105
The Department code for the School of Dental Medicine is: 38
For additional information, contact:
Dr. Sena Narendran