Duties and Responsibilities of Various Executive Aide Levels
1550AK Executive Aide (nonexempt, working 37.5 hour-week, salary grade SG12)
- Work under general direction and report to a high ranking official (Dean or Vice President)
- Process complex and highly confidential information; maintain confidential records
- Administer all aspects of the office including appointments, telephone contacts, correspondence, travel arrangements, etc.
- Arrange meetings and maintains necessary correspondence with attendees; takes minutes
- Keep current on legislation, events, etc. relative to the particular school, college or university
- Supervise the work of office staff in day-to-day activities
- Relay information on sensitive matters to constituents, external or within the university
- Assist in preparing budgets, reconcile monthly expense statements, budget analysis/forecasting, expense reports
- Facilitate communications and coordinate workflow between department and the university
- High school, 6 or more years of experience.
1520AK Executive Aide (exempt, working 40-hour week, salary grade 14)
- Work with a high degree of independence and report to a high ranking official (Dean or Vice President)
- Process complex, highly confidential, strategic and time-sensitive information.
- Provide executive assistance to relieve dean or vice president of administrative type functions; is empowered with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Participate in short- and long-term strategic planning and program implementation.
- Assist in financial planning and budget development linked to the strategic plan.
- Make recommendations to management on policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly information on proposals and award/expense activity.
- Seek out and suggest improvements to operations, including new procedures, documentation and training.
- Serve as the department HR liaison and travel coordinator maintain a strong understanding of the university policies and procedures. Ensure that all forms are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- May supervise, direct or lead lower level staff
- Associates degree, 10 years progressively more responsible administrative experience.