Duties and Responsibilities of Various Analyst Programmer Levels (working 40-hour week)
162017 Analyst Programmer 1 (salary grade 11)
- Works under direct supervision
- Write and maintain straightforward applications.
- May perform very limited system analysis work.
- Design, code, test, debug, modify and document systems from detailed instructions and specifications.
- Assist in preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Automate routine tasks.
- Program turnover to the production control supervisor.
- Learn administrative applications standards, procedures, and policies for software development.
- Associate's degree, 0 to 3 months of experience
161042 Analyst Programmer 2 (salary grade 13)
Perform duties of Analyst Programmer 1 and in addition:
- Works under general supervision
- Analyze and define system scope and objectives through research of customer needs.
- Prepare detailed specifications for project management plan.
- Design or modify programming applications for client/server architecture.
- Develop plans to transition data and applications from mainframe to clients' server.
- Design, code, test, debug, modify and document moderately complex systems requiring knowledge of processes.
- Define requirements and develop solutions for end user and application team.
- Ensure timely production turnover and follow-up after implementation.
- Associate's degree and 2 years related experience OR Bachelor's degree and no experience.
161043 Analyst Programmer 3 (salary grade 15)
Perform duties of Analyst Programmer 2 and in addition:
- Works under minimal supervision
- Work with users, application team, and technical staff to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Working with analyst/ programmer 4, investigate and document business processes.
- Make recommendations for system improvements and enhancements.
- May direct small project teams as lead developer and coordinator.
- Associate's degree and 5 years progressive experience OR Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years of progressive experience.
161044 Analyst Programmer 4 (salary grade 17)
- Perform duties of Analyst Programmer 3 an in addition:
- Works with a high degree of independence and under general direction
- Provide input into the business process re-engineering process.
- Prepare status reports and project plans.
- Monitor performance of staff project members.
- Provide input to policies, standards and budget requirements.
- Associate's degree and 7 years of progressive experience OR Bachelor's degree and 5 to 7 years of progressive experience.