How do employees make changes to their enrollment in university health, dental, and/or vision insurance, or medical/ dependent care reimbursement accounts?

First, changes must be requested as a result of a life event (marriage, divorce, spouse/ equivalent gain/ loss of insurance, birth/ adoption of a child, or change in status such as part-time to full-time or vice versa). The employee must complete the Change of Status form and provide documentation proving the change.  Appropriate documentation includes:

  • Marriage: Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce: Divorce Decree
  • New Baby: Birth Certificate or Proof of Birth Letter issued by the hospital.
  • Loss/Gain Coverage: Letter from company stating the names of all affected individuals, the type of coverage lost/gained (e.g. medical, vision, dental), and the date coverage was lost/gained.

Adding anyone who was not previously covered by Case Western Reserve University will also require dependent documents.  Dependent document requirements are available on the Forms page.

All paperwork and documentation must be received within thirty (30) days of the event.