The primary purpose of a portfolio is to engage students in the learning process and to augment traditional classroom learning and evaluation of learning.
The portfolio is a purposeful collection of student work that reflects or provides evidence of student efforts, progress and achievement toward attainment of learning outcomes based on articulated competence.
To Be Included in the Student Portfolio:
- Scope of practice statement for your practice area
- Contact information for professional organization appropriate to your practice area
- Student membership in a professional organization
- Highly recommended: Join LinkedIn, the largest professional networking site
- CV or resume
- Syllabi from all courses
- Copy of competencies for whatever advanced practice area you are in (found at NONPF)
- Copy of Evaluation from clinicals
- Logs from clinicals (summary)
- Application for certification completed before graduation
- Application for National Provider Identification Number
- Exemplars to meet all MSN Graduate Student Learning Outcomes
- Exemplar paper
- Certification information for state that you will practice in
- Continuing education
- ELNEC certificate
- CPR, etc.
- Individual program plan for all students
- Other materials as desired