The Veale Institute for Entrepreneurship and the Marian K. Shaughnessy Nurse Leadership Academy have partnered to create the Executives in Residence (EiR) program at the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing.
- The EiR program brings together executives and entrepreneurs across industries and geographies and their real time expertise with world-class talent and cutting edge research of a leading university.
- The program maximizes opportunities for students to infuse classroom knowledge with business insights, amplify CWRU's ongoing innovations, and broaden commercial collaboration opportunities for CWRU faculty.
- Engage with next-generation of nurse leaders and their perspectives on key issues and challenges
- Amplify your expertise via interactions with key thought leaders from CWRU, University Circle, and the corporate community
- Expand talent pipeline via unique access to early career talent your pipeline
- Build long-term long-term relationships and seed potential collaborations
- Reach global audience via recognition on our web, social media, and marketing materials
Executives commit 1-3 days over the academic year to campus visit(s). A Veale and/or Frances Payne Bolton staff member will be in touch with you well in advance of your visit to coordinate the specifics of your residence. While we recommend an in-person experience, residences may be virtual. The University will cover your travel and other expenses related to your residence. Specific engagements could include:
- Guest lecturing a session or sessions of a class
- Being a featured speaker at a CWRU conference
- Hosting an individual or small group meeting with select faculty
- Attending individual meetings or dinner with University and regional leadership
- Joining students for roundtable discussions
- Touring campus facilities and exploring the innovation ecosystem in Cleveland
- Hosting an onsite visit with a group of students for a course or career "trek"
- Michael Shaughnessy, retired co-chairman and president of ColorMatrix
- Dr. Judith Shamian, PhD, LLD (hon), D.Sci (hon), RN, FAAN, president emeritus of the International Council of Nurses
- Dr. Margaret Fitzgerald, DNP, FNP-BC, NP-C, FAANP, CSP, FAAN, DCC, FNA, founder of Fitzgerald Health Education Associates