July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 (FY2020)
This policy is applicable to Fiscal Year 2020 only. The amounts and/or policy may change for future fiscal years.
For Fiscal Year 2020, there are two programs available:
Professional Development Funds (Program 1)
Eligibility: Tenured/Tenure Track, Non-Tenure Track, Research Faculty, and Clinical Faculty
- Up to $1,500 will be reimbursed for those presenting at or attending a professional conference.
These funds must be used during Fiscal Year 2020 and are not transferable to a future period. The funds are meant to support participation in national level meetings or workshops that enhance the skills of the Faculty. Please submit your receipts to Rachel Blake. As the year progresses, please get in touch with Rachel before finalizing your plans to make sure you still have funding available under this program.
Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR) (Program 2)
Eligibility: Tenured/Tenure Track, Non-Tenure Track, and Research Faculty
The Associate Dean for Research and Training is offering additional travel funds for those attending SSWR. This can be for both oral and poster presentations.
- Up to $1,000 will be reimbursed to each faculty member who is the lead presenter for a paper or poster.
- If the lead author’s abstract is not accepted, and the author still attends SSWR, up to $500 will be reimbursed.
The maximum reimbursement per person for SSWR is $1,000. To receive reimbursement, please submit the SSWR letter of acceptance or rejection to Jerry Mahoney. Dr. Mahoney will notify Finance and Administration who will work with you to process the reimbursement.
The maximum reimbursement, from both Professional Development Funds and the additional SSWR funds, is $2,500 per person (if the maximum SSWR reimbursement is earned).
- If you attend two conferences, and the first one is SSWR, that reimbursement would fall under Program #1. Upon return from the second conference, you would receive up to either $500 or $1,000 depending upon your level of involvement at SSWR.
- If you attend two conferences, and the first one is not SSWR, that reimbursement would fall under Program #1. If your second conference is SSWR, that reimbursement would fall under Program #2. If the second conference is also not SSWR, you would not receive any additional reimbursement (if you have already reached the maximum for Program #1).
- If you only attend SSWR and no other conference during the year, that reimbursement would fall under Program #1.
All travel must occur during Fiscal Year 2020 (7/1/2019 – 6/30/2020). All expenses must be allowable per University and MSASS policies, and be submitted for reimbursement within 45 days of your return. If your travel return date approaches June 30, 2020, please be in touch with Rachel Blake in advance. Please be aware that a reimbursement submitted in July of 2020 will count against FY2021 funds (not FY2020). If that happens, you will not have access to your FY2020 allotment (or a balance thereof).
Please contact Craig Zullig with any questions.