The Mandel School's two internal newsletters, the Mandel Memo (faculty and staff) and the Mandel Roundup (students), are sent bi-weekly during the academic year. For the current newsletter schedule, please view the Mandel School Events Calendar.
Note: The Mandel Roundup is not sent during any school breaks and the Mandel Memo is sent monthly at the beginning of the month during the summer months (June, July, August).
Please fill out this Google Form to submit any announcements, opportunities, news and events for inclusion in the newsletters by the Friday prior to each newsletter week. Note that your submission may be edited to meet CWRU's editorial style guidelines or for length.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typical Newsletter Content
Mandel Memo: Information for all faculty and staff regarding teaching and learning matters, training opportunities, announcements and reminders that may impact the workplace, and upcoming events and deadlines.
Mandel Roundup: Information for students including announcements and reminders about student affairs, such as registration, commencement and professional organization membership; training and job opportunities; campus resources; and upcoming deadlines and events (note: events must be held on campus and/or eligible for PD credit to appear).
Groups such as project teams, departments or classmates can communicate and collaborate using Google Groups. If you want to invite a Group to an event or share documents with a Group, you can send a single email to everyone in the Group.
To see/edit your Group memberships and view all of the messages that have been sent to your Groups, open the Groups Google App and select the Group you'd like to view/edit.
Google Groups Etiquette
- Consider BCCing your audience(s) when sending mass emails. BCCing your Google Group(s) prevents people from Replying All to the Group(s) and helps streamline our internal communications.
- If you receive an email with the contacts not BCC'd, be courteous and refrain from Replying All. If you'd like to congratulate or thank a colleague, it is better to Reply to just the sender of the email or the person being congratulated/thanked.
- If an email has been sent to the entire CWRU campus community, there is no need to forward it to the Mandel School again.
- When possible, please submit your news to one of our biweekly newsletters instead of sending a separate email to the Google Groups. Check the Event Calendar for the newsletter schedule. If the timing of your item is such that it cannot wait for inclusion in the next newsletter, email email@example.com to coordinate your message.
- If you must email the below Google Groups, it is recommended that you send your message to the smallest Group possible, and building up the bulleted lists from there if your message needs to hit a larger audience (e.g. if you're just trying to contact research staff, send to firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com).
For questions or issues with access, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- email@example.com: Full-Time Faculty (includes Research Faculty) + Staff (includes Research Staff) + Mandel Council Leadership
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Full-Time Faculty (includes Research Faculty)
- email@example.com: Research Faculty
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Adjunct Faculty
- email@example.com: Secondary Faculty
Note: To reach all faculty members, you will need to email Full-Time Faculty + Adjunct Faculty + Secondary Faculty.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Staff (includes Research Staff) + Full-Time Faculty (includes Research Faculty) + Mandel Council Leadership
- email@example.com: Staff (includes Research Staff)
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Research Staff
- email@example.com: Doctoral Students + Faculty
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Master's Students
- email@example.com: Mandel Building Offices
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Mandel Center Offices
- email@example.com: Newsletters + Events Page/Calendar Submissions
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Book a Room
- email@example.com: Website Updates + Media Wall Updates + Google Groups Requests
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Mandel School wēpa Printer Issues