Throughout winter break, the university will continue to offer a number of remote resources that may be helpful to members of our community.
University Health & Counseling Services
BIPOC Support Space
Available to all Black, Indigenous, People of Color CWRU, CIA, CIM and KSU Podiatry students seeking individualized support. Support Space is good for students who are looking for a space to talk, needing input on mental health concerns or searching for a safe outlet to discuss experiences as BIPOC on campus and beyond.
Black Student Support Space
A confidential, safe space for Black CWRU students to gain support and discuss the impact of recent and historical violence and racism. Students can drop in at any time during the group discussion, which is moderated by University Health & Counseling Services clinical staff. Support Space is open to all Black CWRU, CIA, CIM and KSU Podiatry undergraduate, graduate and professional students regardless of where they are currently residing.
Feeling stuck? Having a hard time coping with change? Feeling lost or directionless? Learn how to MOVE from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset, while realizing your personal values and creating life goals.
Koru Mindfulness is a four session course that will teach you a wide variety of mindfulness skills in a group learning environment. These skills will help you incorporate mindfulness into your daily life so that you can experience the benefits of less stress, better sleep and improved self-compassion.
Navigator Drop-in Hours
Need to talk to your Navigator? Remote drop-in hours are available:
Monday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- December through January temporary memberships: free for CWRU undergraduate students (regularly $42/mo).
- December through January temporary memberships for all other students: just $30+tax/mo (regularly $42+tax/mo).
Reset. Refocus. Revive.
Join our discounted personal training program—virtual or in-person!
- Four or eight weeks long
- Includes eight personal training sessions, weekly exercise program, goal setting, accountability and more.
- Group exercise classes can be virtual or in-person—In-person classes are held in Adelbert Gymnasium with lots of social distancing space.
Classes are free with membership (including the January through December temporary membership mentioned).
- Day pass, 10-pack and monthly passes are available.
- Staff are also available to lead private exercise classes of all kinds—yoga, Zumba, HIIT, Tai Chi, in-room workouts etc.
Emergency Food Assistance
Food Assistance Boxes
Emergency food assistance will be available for students in a pick-up and go format. Food boxes for current undergraduate and graduate students will be provided by Church of the Covenant in partnership with the Undergraduate Diversity Collaborative, UPCaM and the Office of Thwing Center Engagement and Operations. To arrange for a box of nonperishable food items or to refer a student in need, please contact Shelley Nelson-Bridger.