Updated Aug. 29, 2022
Case Western Reserve's infection and exposure processes focus on two critical priorities:
- Identifying and protecting those most at risk
- Limiting the spread of infection as much as possible
To that end, we use automated messaging and individual emails to provide updates and guidance, and reserve online and in-person consultations for those with more severe or urgent needs relating to COVID-19.
For example: Those who test positive for COVID-19 will receive a secure message through myhealthconnect.case.edu that includes guidance on how to proceed. Please read the entire message before taking additional action.
If you test positive for COVID-19:
- Log into myhealthconnect.case.edu
- Select “Send or Read Secure Message”
- Select “New Message”
- Select “I want to report a positive test result”
- Provide the information requested
You will receive a secure message with isolation information within 24 hours. If you need medical advice, students should call 216.368.2450; faculty and staff should contact their primary medical providers.
For medical emergencies, call 216.368.3333 (on-campus) or 911 (off-campus).
Case Western Reserve no longer provides individual-level notices of potential exposures. If you believe you have been exposed to someone infected with COVID-19, please follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including:
- Wearing a well-fitting mask for 10 days after the last exposure
- Monitoring for symptoms for 10 days after the last exposure
- Getting tested for COVID-19 at least 5 days after the last exposure