Students who do not waive the Student Medical Plan (Plan) prior to the waiver deadline date (drop/add date) have the option to submit a late waiver appeal. Students will be required to:
- Respond to all of the waiver criteria questions
- Submit proof of health insurance in the form of an insurance ID card, a letter from their insurance carrier or documentation from their employer benefits office
- State the reason they are requesting a late waiver
Once submitted, the Student Medical Plan Department's Representative will:
- Confirm that the responses meet the waiver criteria
- Confirm the submitted documentation is acceptable
- Evaluate the reason offered by the student for the request
Students who do not meet all of the waiver criteria will not be eligible to waive the Plan and they will remain on the Plan. If the reason offered by the student is deemed sufficient to justify the late waiver request, as determined in the sole discretion of the Representative, then students who meet all of the other criteria will have the entire fee removed from their account and the waiver will be in effect from the beginning of the semester.
Students will be notified of the final decision within two (2) weeks after the date of their submission.
The Student Medical Plan waiver site is closed for spring 2022.
If you wish to cancel your Student Medical Plan coverage, you must contact the Medical Plan department at (216) 368-3049 or email@example.com. Your cancellation will be effective at the end of the month of the submitted request. We will promplety return the remainder of the pro-rated premium.