We treat patients in need of surgical services in the oral surgery clinic, and depending on the complexity of the problem, our patients are treated by dental students, surgical residents, or faculty. More complex cases are treated by the surgical residents and faculty at University Hospitals. Patients are normally referred to our department from an outside dentist or physician. We are also available for those patients seeking a second opinion.
Our residents and staff provide full scope surgical services, including:
- removal of third molars
- tooth extractions
- general anesthesia and IV sedation
- reconstruction of the jaws and face
- management of misaligned jaws in conjunction with orthodontic treatment
- facial plastic surgery
- oral cancer management
- management of tumors and cysts of the jaws, face, or oral cavity
- management of tumors and disease of the salivary glands
- surgical management of obstructive sleep apnea
- management of cleft lip/palate, and other craniofacial anomalies
- management of facial trauma
Days/Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For patients appointments, please call 216.368.2538.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Oral Surgery Clinic is located on the first floor of the CWRU School of Dental Medicine's Dental Clinic building, which is located on Chester Avenue, between East 93rd and East 97th Streets. Parking is available in the lot behind the building, which has entrances on both East 93rd and East 97th. The University provides directions to campus if you're coming from a distance. Alternatively, you can enter your address to get directions from Google Maps.
Patients are required to pay for their treatment at each appointment. We accept cash, check, debit or credit cards (MasterCard or Visa). We also accept most Medicaid. As a courtesy to our patients, we will submit a claim to most dental insurance carriers. Please bring your insurance information with you to your visit.