Welcome to a different kind of dental school experience.
We have created a curriculum to prepare you for a lifetime of professional advancement. We want to educate dentists who are inquisitive, and some who feel a responsibility to create new knowledge simply because that is what is best for society. It is all part of the culture of inquiry. It is only by educating students to become practitioners who are well-equipped to evaluate manuscripts, evaluate their own work, and selectively answer important questions that we can truly qualify as a learned profession.
- Kenneth B. Chance, Sr., DDS '79
Dean, School of Dental Medicine
Established in 1892, the CWRU School of Dental Medicine has a long-established legacy of excellence in clinical training in addressing the health needs of individual patients and our community. As scientific and technological changes dramatically change the way health care is delivered and assessed, graduates from CWRU School of Dental Medicine are renowned for their life-long professional skills that keep them at the forefront of innovation and leadership in the dental profession.
Who should apply to CWRU School of Dental Medicine?
The School of Dental Medicine is interested in students who:
- Want to understand how science and health care intersect,
- Are curious about how and why we make decisions about dental health care,
- Take responsibility for their own learning,
- Can use general concepts and apply them in new ways,
- Enjoy an active learning environment that includes group work,
- Have demonstrated academic excellence,
- Want a challenge,
- Want to learn about the profession from faculty mentors and coaches,
- Understand the dentist's responsibility to patients, community, and society.