How do I roll another plan into Case Western Reserve University’s plan?

The employee will first need to enroll in Case Western Reserve University’s supplemental plan (not just the university contributory portion) and set up their account with their selected carrier. Once the account is set up, they will need to request a Rollover Contribution form (one for each account they are rolling over) from their selected carrier. This form includes specific instructions on how to obtain a check from the previous plan administrator, the correct format in which to make the check payable to, and what information needs to be included with it.

The employee will then contact the carrier administering the previous plan to obtain their distribution rollover form and request the check. Once the check is obtained, it and the completed Rollover Contribution form will need to be submitted to the new carrier according to the rollover form’s instructions.