How do I get paid if I’ve been asked to perform interim duties?

The department must submit an Additional Pay Request Form to the compensation team for approval prior to the scheduled work (assignment). The request should include the employee's name, current supervisor and department, the proposed project and duties, project manager, and proposed payment amount. The compensation team will review the project and appropriate pay methods within university salary guidelines and the federal wage and hour law and will work with the department to establish an approved payment plan.

The documentation will be placed in the employee's personnel file in the department of human resources. It is the employee’s responsibility to discuss the additional work with the current supervisor and ensure that it does not interfere with their regular, primary job. The employee may begin work once the approvals and consent are confirmed by the compensation team. The department will submit a payment request in the HCM system per the approved payment plan. From the HCM payment requests, the compensation team will review the employee's personnel file to verify and approve the payment.