FMLA can qualify:
- For the birth of a child, and to bond with the newborn child.
- For the placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care, and to bond with that child.
- To care for immediate family members (spouse, child or parent–but not parent “in law”) with a serious health condition.
- To take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.
- For qualifying exigencies arising from that employee’s spouse, son, daughter or parent on covered active duty or call to covered active duty status as a member of the national guard, reserves or armed forces.