I would like the university to sponsor me for permanent residency (green card process). How can I apply?

The first step is to start with the employee’s supervisor/principal investigator. The employee must have departmental backing. If an employee is eligible for university-sponsored permanent residency, the department must obtain written authorization from the dean of the respective school the employee works in. Our team will assign the employee’s permanent residency case to outside counsel that has been vetted and approved by the university once we receive written authorization from the dean’s office. The department must provide the dean’s office with the speed type where funds can be withdrawn to pay outside counsel. Employees may not pick an attorney of his/her choosing for university-sponsored petitions. Outside counsel will determine the best route to permanent residency for the employee. Postdoctoral/J-1 positions are not eligible for university-sponsored permanent residency.