What about my dependents? Do they get a visa? Can they work?

Family members of H-1B visa holders are entitled to an H-4 visa, which allows them to live in the U.S. with their H-1B spouse or parent. In most instances, H-4 visa holders are not allowed to work while living in the U.S.