Sick time is accrued based upon your benefits category and years of service. Sick time is given in a lump sum on an employee’s anniversary date.
New staff employees (SG 17 and below) receive five (5) sick days upon successful completion of their orientation. Staff employees with one to four years of service receive 10 days on their anniversary date. Staff employees with five to nine years of service receive 15 days on their anniversary date. Unused allowance accrues from year to year.
Years of Service Paid Time Off:
- Three months to less than one year = five days per year
- One year to less than five years = 10 days per year
- Over five years = 15 days per year
Faculty, Executive Staff and Senior Staff accrue vacation time at the following rate:
- Less than 1 year receives full pay for 1 2/3 day per month(s) worked
- One year to less than three years receives full pay for one month plus 60 percent pay for 1 month
- Three years to less than five years receives full pay for two months plus 60 percent pay for one month
- Five years to less than 10 years receives full pay for three months plus 60 percent pay for three months
- 10+ years receives full pay for six months
All employees can use up to eight (8) days per year for family medical, bereavement and parenting reasons. Employees who have FMLA leave for family medical can use up to twelve (12) days per year.