Scientific Underpinnings for Practice
Integrate nursing science and theory with knowledge and theory from ethics, the biophysical, psychosocial, cultural, and organizational sciences to develop and evaluate new practice approaches.
Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement and Systems Thinking
- Demonstrate leadership in the development and evaluation of care delivery approaches that meet current and future needs of patient populations from findings of nursing and other clinical sciences, as well as organizational, political and economic sciences.
- Develop and evaluate effective strategies and ensure accountability for leading organizations, addressing quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, and managing ethical dilemmas inherent in patient care and research.
Clinical Scholarship and Analytical Methods for Evidence-Based Practice
- Use analytic methods to critically appraise existing evidence to determine best practices.
- Apply relevant findings and use quality improvement methods to develop recommendations to improve practice and the practice environment.
- Disseminate findings from evidence-based practice and research to improve health care outcomes.
Information Systems/Technology and Patient Care Technology for the Improvement and Transformation of Health Care
- Evaluate programs that monitor outcomes of care, care systems, and quality improvement including consumer use of health care information systems.
- Provide leadership in the evaluation and resolution of ethical and legal issues within health care systems relating to the use of information, information technology, communication networks and patient care technology.
Health Care Policy and Advocacy in Health Care
Demonstrate leadership in the critical appraisal, development, and/or implementation of institutional, local, state, federal, and international health policy.
Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient and Population Health Outcomes
Collaborate using communication, consultative, and leadership skills, with inter professional and inter professional teams to improve quality and safety in health care.
Clinical Prevention and Population Health for Improving the Nation’s Health
Analyze scientific data and synthesize concepts related to clinical prevention and population health in developing, implementing, and evaluating interventions to address health promotion and disease prevention efforts.